OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

Thanx for the installer.

1. Perhaps you would consider to host the installer code on git (GitHub or GitLab) for everyone to contribute. Of course the binaries (or incompatible licenses) probably better to excluded.
  2. Other than reguler ISOs, also release updates in diff/delta ( e.g. zsync or xdelta3 in Linux?) so user won't download gigs of files every release.

56 minutes ago, si_kabayan said:

Perhaps you would consider to host the installer code on git (GitHub or GitLab) for everyone to contribute.

This is what happened with Hexen 2018, 2019, 2020 everyone had a go changing and adding features over the years and in the the end Hexen 2020 is in my view it's STUFFED

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

9 hours ago, si_kabayan said:

Thanx for the installer.

1. Perhaps you would consider to host the installer code on git (GitHub or GitLab) for everyone to contribute. Of course the binaries (or incompatible licenses) probably better to excluded.
  2. Other than reguler ISOs, also release updates in diff/delta ( e.g. zsync or xdelta3 in Linux?) so user won't download gigs of files every release.

I'm not interested in hosting on GH/GL.

This installer is nothing more as a little project and I would like it to leave it as that. If someone dosn't like to download it (1fichier are always hotlinks with full speed btw.), he/she can download a different installer or just make his own form one of the installers out there. HeXEn for example is well documented in the source code so it's not to hard to do even for beginners.

And also we are talking about a installer for an almost 20 year old console right? This installer is basicly just for a hand full neerds incl. me and the most of them code there own installer in no time from scatch. And for how many ppl. I would do that 10? 15? Not worth the trouble imo. And with the upcomming FATXplorer, a installer becommes more and more obsolete because you can do all the stuff faster on a PC. So you would just need a bios flash DVD at the end.

It was, is, and will be just a little fun project.

Great work Sweetdestiny! I have tested the Installer on all my Xboxs TSOPs and Modchips. Works great for flashing and Hard Drive upgrades. I don't think anyone gonna ever  complain  about not having a certain bios!  But they sure will complain about getting lost in the so many BIOSs. LOL!! We are going to need map now to find our way in and out of the Bios choices!! Great work.

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Great work Sweetdestiny! I have tested the Installer on all my Xboxs TSOPs and Modchips. Works great for flashing and Hard Drive upgrades. I don't think anyone gonna ever  complain  about not having a certain bios!  But they sure will complain about getting lost in the so many BIOSs. LOL!! We are going to need map now to find our way in and out of the Bios choices!! Great work.

For the Winbond / SHarp TSOP flash section I already have made "nfo" files for each bios which willl be in the next build which shows and explain each bios. Now I think about how I can put that infos in the other flasher which use EvoX (No Texteditor there). Maybe I will do a list of the bioses and add a "nfo" file to each section in the main menu which you can click before you start up the flasher that way you would have the same info but in one text file which isn't a problem I think. Would still need to add numbers to each bios so the user can find the bios easely.

And I think about to change the EEC bios files to ECE which would maybe more seense. 

1. E:\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe (Main Dash)
  2. C:\evoxdash.xbe (Which could be/is a short cut to a dash the user may have changed)
  3. E:\Dash\EvolutionX\evox.xbe (As a fallback if the main dash and the shortcut fails)*

* It would be also nice to use bios path 3 for a sepperate Dash which isn't in dash as a backup/rescue dashboard which could be in backups or something. On the other hand, you have a bootdisc for that which would do the same. Will see if I do that but it crossed my mind. ;)

But for now the latest build I made is pretty good (I think/hope) so there is no plan to release something soon if no one reports a major bug. Till then i work on some other nice to have but not nessesary options. ;)

And if someone has a idea about something which could make the installer better drop me a pm. :)

And Raja, could you test the WD green with where you have used the WDIDLE3 thing with a noDVD bios and let me now if they work when you use the tool? I could include some infos about the green problem ect. And i will include the tool to the PC apps pack i offer.

Sweetdarkdestiny, yes I have tried flashing the NO-DVD Bios to TSOP, OpenXenium, Xenium Ice,  Xblast lite and to a Aladdin modchip. The 2TB Green HD booted just fine and I was able to cold boot DVD Drive. I disabled the Head Parking feature on them using the WDIDLE3 Utility. Maybe put a link to the Ultimatebootdisk download page that's what I used. The disk comes with various other useful tools and lots tutorials on youtube how to use the disk and WDIDLE3 which is on the disk. Maybe if you can  please include the two tools (Ponyprog and Liveinfo Beta) used for eeprom reading, writing and modifying they can be very handy. I have them but can save time for other users.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Raja said:

Very nice, thank you Raja. :)

I have included : WDIDLE3, Ponyprog and Liveinfo Yoshihiro Edition to the basic tool pack.

And I think the best way to make sure WD Green user know about that I will include a standalone read me file a side with the iso and include some infos in the iso as read me as well in case some repack it and the main read me file get lost.

Maybe I should think about a "FAQ" style sub menu in the installer it self. That could be pretty nice I think.

Credits to you for testing all that Raja.

9 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Very nice, thank you Raja. :)

I have included : WDIDLE3, Ponyprog and Liveinfo Yoshihiro Edition to the basic tool pack.

And I think the best way to make sure WD Green user know about that I will include a standalone read me file a side with the iso and include some infos in the iso as read me as well in case some repack it and the main read me file get lost.

Maybe I should think about a "FAQ" style sub menu in the installer it self. That could be pretty nice I think.

Credits to you for testing all that Raja.

Its been pleasure checking out this kick ass disk. Let me know please how else I can help. I have 14 xboxs in my collection and have various brands  of modchips to test. I don't care If I screw up any xbox or modchip as this for fun and a side hobby. There are plenty more on sale around where I live in the $25-30 range!!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:15 AM, Raja said:

Its been pleasure checking out this kick ass disk. Let me know please how else I can help. I have 14 xboxs in my collection and have various brands  of modchips to test. I don't care If I screw up any xbox or modchip as this for fun and a side hobby. There are plenty more on sale around where I live in the $25-30 range!!

Thanks for the offer Raja. If there is something you could test, I will let you know.

For now I try to get a "FAQ" like something in the disc (And the "Bios Map" for the EvoX flasher) using the build in editor and the app "xCbr" (Xbox comic book reader) to integrate some very basic tutorials with pictures in it (Sadly the build in picture viewer of unleash didn't show up like the editor does (works only from the file browser)) so I use a slighty edited version of xCbr for that but it does the job.

1 hour ago, larvey said:

Cheers for this, deffo going to be giving this a go. Time to dig out the DVD burner :)

Sry but right now all downloads are down atm. because of a bug in the Winbond/Sharp TSOP flasher Resctoox (Seems the latest version from the Webpage of Resctoox didn't work like it should).

Thats why i have removed them for now but,  I will provide new downloads as soon as I have testet the new images (Which will be later the day). Thank "god" I have a second Winbond TSOP XBox here to test the flasher.

So check back in a couple of hours please.

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sry but right now all downloads are down atm. because of a bug in the Winbond/Sharp TSOP flasher Resctoox (Seems the latest version from the Webpage of Resctoox didn't work like it should).

Thats why i have removed them for now but,  I will provide new downloads as soon as I have testet the new images (Which will be later the day). Thank "god" I have a second Winbond TSOP XBox here to test the flasher.

I was just abuot to post about this - not sure if the same problem  -

flashing a winbond chip 1.4 xbox with the IND BIOS doesnt work

I tested a few versions of the bios and instead of creating c:\bios\bios.bin   it creates a folder called bios.bin  so there is no file to flash 

flashing an m8 bios worked fine 

cheers 

39 minutes ago, chrisf said:

flashing an m8 bios worked fine 

cheers 

The reason for the takedown was because the EvoX bios has caused a problem by a user after he flashed his winbond twice. TO confirm that i flashed 2 xboxes and both are briked atm (waiting for a xblast to fix that) and now you come along and tells me flashing m8 works on winbond.

So.... Not realy sure what to think about that.

ATM I can't do anything. But i will use the time to make all bios files new. And i will rework the Resctoox configs till the xblast shows up. And then i have to see whats the damn (sry) problem.

How ever. THANK you for the report.

5 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Ta for letting me know chief, I will await your update!

witch version do i need its confusing ? and it this the newest it says 1.2 

OGXBox 2021 Emulators Extras v1.0.0.rar 1.64 GB 2020-12-18 14:12
OGXBox 2021 Game Extras Wide+HDD Fixes+Updates v1.0.0.rar 2.14 GB 2020-12-18 14:12
OGXBox Installer 2021 Games Extras Disc 2 (DLC) v1.0.2.rar 4.28 GB 2021-01-05 08:01
XBox PC Tool Set (15.Jan.2021).rar 208.43 MB 2021-01-15 06:01

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Right now I'm pretty sick guys. Not able to do anything right now but Raja reported that the beta i have send him is working so far. So the moment i feel better i will do the rest of the work and provide new images with XBLast OS as to flash Winbond SHarp TSOPs.

Please don't take this project seriously, I know you are very dedicated to it, but health is very important in this pandemic period so look after yourself and your loved ones and be safe. There are many alternatives for all of us for xbox needs, so we can all wait patiently. Wish you a quick recovery.

• Like 2