OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

OGXBox Installer 2021

THIS INSTALLER DISC ONLY WORKS FROM A BURNED DVD DISC,

NOT MOUNTING THE DISC IMAGE SAVED TO THE HARD DRIVE

Made because ... !

First of, you have the choice between two versions. 1) PBL which uses Phoenix Bios Loader and 2) NonPBL without the Phoenix Bios Loader. Both versions aim mainly for ModChip/TSOP users. So you don't have the options to softmod. If you want that, go with Rocky5's Softmodding Tool.

Why using this this instead hof HeXEn/TruHeXEn or Slayers? Well, good question and here is the answer. It's faster as all of them. It dosn't has faulty bioses on it. It's up to date and it offers way, way more to install as any of them. So you have planty of Apps, Dashboards or Emulators to install and a huge amount of bug free bioses (ModChip and TSOP incl. Winbond). It's simple build without any fancy code or the need of copy stuff over and over again. It's clean by default which means no temp files will left behind. You have planty of live apps you can use or just test before you install them.

Just give this installer a chance, test it and I think you don't use anything else again (except for softmodding which I don't plan to integrate at all.).

NOTE: Use folder links below to download

the latest OGXbox Installer 2021 - v1.5.4 archive

or other supporting files.

1 ) OGXBox Installer 2021 UX PBL v1.0.0
MD5 for the v1.0.0 ISO: b844a24f31c0c8f41325e783d50f9d1a
MD5 for the v1.0.0 RAR: 50ae7369f08a972601c4c75260965532

Download from 1fichier : https://1fichier.com/?44oryacyh292q6t7rbzd
Folder link for updates : https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Download from Mega : https://mega.nz/file/AZ9zESba#otk8Ckf5LlvkKkw1ty4GIsVyDRnxhuCfZu4M6YqLC4w
Folder link for updates : https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

2) OGXBox Installer 2021 UX v1.0.0
MD5 for the v1.0.0 ISO: e82dacd9b36f496e85c98b3935462f52
MD5 for the v1.0.0 RAR: d463ac6e8ce9829469c962b790f8d8e0

Download from 1fichier : https://1fichier.com/?52xlot8c5ms9e1rb5n9e
Folder link for updates : https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Download from Mega : https://mega.nz/file/YA8lHQzJ#VOazKVrHL6oZ9qW0ezyEM3U3hs38_-w5OfOkLCMvX-0
Folder link for updates : https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

Finaly, because i don't have the permissions to edit this topic later, I have included folder lins for Mega and fichier where you can find updates. Just bookmark them or this topic (I will do a post in case of an update, what ever suits you better. If you have a question or you need help, feel free to ask and i will respond asap.

And if you find a bug (which i don't hope) or you have a suggestion, which could make this disc better, let me know, I'm always interested in making things better. :)

PS. Using this DVD as a Frisbee is prohibited! Use other installer for that. ;)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

100% perfect timing. I was just moving a modchip from a 1.6 box to a 1.4 and was preparing to use Hexen. I backed up my C drive, knowing that Hexen would drop garbage all over everything and I'd have to rebuild. I was reading the recent messages here and saw your post. I immediately downloaded and used the DVD. You get a gold star and bonus points for the swift load time. The menu is simple, clear and concise. There are plenty of options. I especially liked having access to some of the programs and system menu. I'll keep using it and provide feedback as I go along.

Props to you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlaskaCC said:

100% perfect timing. I was just moving a modchip from a 1.6 box to a 1.4 and was preparing to use Hexen. I backed up my C drive, knowing that Hexen would drop garbage all over everything and I'd have to rebuild. I was reading the recent messages here and saw your post. I immediately downloaded and used the DVD. You get a gold star and bonus points for the swift load time. The menu is simple, clear and concise. There are plenty of options. I especially liked having access to some of the programs and system menu. I'll keep using it and provide feedback as I go along.

Props to you!

I can guarantee that it is a clean install with no crap left behind.

In my view this OGXbox 2021 installer will make Hexen a thing of the past.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VoltXT7 said:

Thanks for sharing  :D

Maybe a silly question but, I would like to know what's the big / noticeable difference between the PBL version and the noPBL version ?

The PBL version boots it's own bios. Which could be helpfull for Softmod users. And i can do some little things in the config file i can't do without PBL. For example. The PBL boots back into the installer after using a app or xbpartitioner in spacial. The non PBL version drops you into the fresh installed Dashboard and you have to boot the DVD from there again or cold boot it.

But both versions offers 100% the same options in slightly different ways. So basicly it dosen't metter which version you choose as Chip/TSOP user. I would choose the PBL version but like i said, it's you personal teste which you choose.

Edit : Right now i'm on a little not manual just aquick overview about the DVD which explains some things i do different. I will place that in the same directory on fichier and Mega but it will still need some days till it will show up there.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

Update to v1.0.2

Changlelog:

- Added the Memorycard TSOP Flasher to the "Flas Bios" section (2.0.) as:
  "2.3. Copy MC TSOP Flasher to HDD/MC/USB."
  Both versions, Pal and NTSC, are there. Now you have it on hand if needed.

- Added Added the option to install trainers. You will find it under
  " 5. Install Applications " -> " 5.2.7. Gaming " -> " 5.2.7.4. Install Game Trainer "
  It realy dosn't fit there since these are trainer but we all can live with
  that i think. Better than having a menu just 4 trainers.   

- Fixed the iND and EvoX bios flash ini. No biggy here just costemtics.

- The main menu has been sorted which wasn't to much fun because of all the numbers
  which has to be changed as well but now it makes more seense. *YAY!*

- New M8+ bioses added (A DAMN lot for any purpose).
- New x2 bioses added. (A lot for any purpose).
- New iND bioses added. (A lot for any purpose).

All of the above bioses are noDVD and F+G versions comes as EEC, CCE, XBMC and
  X4G edition. Was not fun to edit all the bioses and ini's but, HELL why not right?

Because of that I had to splitt up the FlashBios section because of to many versions.
  But that's quit nice IMO because now each "Bios Team" has his own section
  and the user can now choose in Unleash between:
  Flash iND, Flash EvoX, Flash Xecuter, Flash Retail, Flash Other, Flash Supporter.
  Looks and "feels" nice i think.

- I removed all (F) only bios files. They don't have any use now days.

- Added some more old Dashboards to play arround with.
  UnleashX v0.39.0515A
  UnleashX v0.30.000
  UnleashX unofficial v0.20.904

- Added 2 Emulation Center. Final Burn Legends 1.2.6 and MAMEoXtras 2.1 u2.

To download use the folder links from the first post (Mega/1fichier)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nin1 said:

Can you check HD health with the dashboard? I.e how many times started etc?

Do you know any bios I could use which turns off laser-check on boot?

You can see the temp of your HDD but to my knowlege there isn't any dashboard which can show you the spin up time or health of your HDD (just temp). You could attach it to your PC (if it's unlocked) to check the full smart status of your HDD.

All of the EvoX m8 bioses on this disc are noDVD bioses. And Xecuter and iND didn't care about the DVD as well. Which you should use depends on what console version you have and whcih dashboard you plan to use.

1 minute ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You can see the temp of your HDD but to my knowlege there isn't any dashboard which can show you the spin up time or health of your HDD (just temp). You could attach it to your PC (if it's unlocked) to check the full smart status of your HDD.

All of the EvoX m8 bioses on this disc are noDVD bioses. And Xecuter and iND didn't care about the DVD as well. Which you should use depends on what console version you have and whcih dashboard you plan to use.

I am going to try this, got a new ide harddrive with alladin modchip .  PBL or without?

1 hour ago, nin1 said:

I am going to try this, got a new ide harddrive with alladin modchip .  PBL or without?

PBL or without for the OGXbox Installer disc doesn't affect the operation of the application.  

From what I understand, the difference is the way it runs.  It has nothing to do with how your Xbox is modded.

The PBL version loads a BFM (boot from media) BIOS so there's a fixed known BIOS being used to run the application.

Without PBL, the BIOS on your modchip/TSOP is used to run the app.  

Differences in BIOS LBA48 configurations can result in accessing the hard drive and it's extended partitions in different ways.  Content visible with one BIOS will seem to disappear with another.

• Like 1

You're right Koas. Rocky5 has described the main differnces in a topic I'm to lazy to search for right now. For chip/tsop users it mainly makes no differences.

I can do different things with the PBL version. Some examples what is different so far on the PBL version:

• When shutting off the XBox, the DVD tray opens and give you the chance to remove the DVD and in the same moment your cache drives get formatet and then the console shuts down. (That's not possible this way without knowing which bios you use (on some it wouldn't work at all). So i use the PBL version to do so.
  • When you format your drive with XBPartitiononer and quit it, you get back to the Installer instead of getting kicked to the fresh installed dashboard from where you would have to re-load the installer if you want to install other things. Same for all other "live apps" you find on the installer.You would always get kicked out to a dashboard,
  • And ofc like Kaos already has said, if you have a F only bios, I can by pass that with the PBL and format F and G regardless of your bios. You would not see the G drive when you boot your XBox from the HDD with your F only bios. But if you would boot again from the DVD it would be still there.
  • And softmodder could use the PBL in case they have problems with there system booting up (They see things which they normaly don't see). But here I would recommend, like always, Rocky5 softmodding tool to such things.

So you see not much of a difference at all and if, it's just a "nice to have" gimmick for the most part. How ever, since I have 4 versions right now, 2 public and 2 privat builds, I guess that I will drop 2 versions in the long run. That said, I will probably drop the non PBL version at some point (bug fixes only if needed then) and marge the 2 privat builds so that only 2 are left to maintain.

But a lot of it also depends on how much frinds OGXBox installer can find. For now the feedback I got is pretty good but,  I would say it's way to early to tell so, let's wait and see what happends. It's out of my hand now and depends only on the community I'm listen too. So time will tell i guess. :)

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You're right Koas. Rocky5 has described the main differnces in a topic I'm to lazy to search for right now. For chip/tsop users it mainly makes no differences.

I can do different things with the PBL version. Some examples what is different so far on the PBL version:

• When shutting off the XBox, the DVD tray opens and give you the chance to remove the DVD and in the same moment your cache drives get formatet and then the console shuts down. (That's not possible this way without knowing which bios you use (on some it wouldn't work at all). So i use the PBL version to do so.
  • When you format your drive with XBPartitiononer and quit it, you get back to the Installer instead of getting kicked to the fresh installed dashboard from where you would have to re-load the installer if you want to install other things. Same for all other "live apps" you find on the installer.You would always get kicked out to a dashboard,
  • And ofc like Kaos already has said, if you have a F only bios, I can by pass that with the PBL and format F and G regardless of your bios. You would not see the G drive when you boot your XBox from the HDD with your F only bios. But if you would boot again from the DVD it would be still there.
  • And softmodder could use the PBL in case they have problems with there system booting up (They see things which they normaly don't see). But here I would recommend, like always, Rocky5 softmodding tool to such things.

So you see not much of a difference at all and if, it's just a "nice to have" gimmick for the most part. How ever, since I have 4 versions right now, 2 public and 2 privat builds, I guess that I will drop 2 versions in the long run. That said, I will probably drop the non PBL version at some point (bug fixes only if needed then) and marge the 2 privat builds so that only 2 are left to maintain.

But a lot of it also depends on how much frinds OGXBox installer can find. For now the feedback I got is pretty good but,  I would say it's way to early to tell so, let's wait and see what happends. It's out of my hand now and depends only on the community I'm listen too. So time will tell i guess. :)

Can you create a youtube video want to see how it works?

2 hours ago, nin1 said:

Can you create a youtube video want to see how it works?

I would suggest you download a copy and try it, You will not be disappointed.

If you have used Hexen then this is better.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Version 1.0.3.

- Fixed the Raincoat.ini where i made a stupid mistake because of copy and paste. (Huge thanks to: Traderjoe5245 for reporting this!)
- Fixed the issue that the skin are not loading on Raincoat flasher.
- Added the option to flash Sharp TSOP's with raincoat.

- Added a new menu as 7 to miscellaneous.
- Added Retail 2 Debug files in menu 7 as 7.1.
  This will just copy the needed files to E:\Retail2Debug.
  There is still work for you to do (Back your E drive etc.).
  AND there is mainly no need for 99% of the user to use this
  because it will have no use for you and you still need software
  for your PC and knowledge to use both of them! but it's a n2h.
- Added xDSL Linux in menu 7. as 7.2

OGXBox Installer 2021 UX PBL v1.0.3

Folder link @ 1fichier for updates : https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz
Folder link @ Mega for updates : https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

OGXBox Installer 2021 UX v1.0.3

Folder link @ 1fichier for updates : https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz
Folder link @ Mega for updates : https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

The upload is in progress and the ISO's will show up shortly on fichier and after that i upload them to mega.  The 1.03 PBL is already online.

Edited by KaosEngineer
Fixed a few typos.
  • Like 1

Really great. The last time (before today) I touched my Xbox was in 2004. I softmodded it back then and it is still softmodded of course. I had to patch traces that were corroded because of that battery capacitor that I never knew existed. Now, time to replace this popping hard drive and install TSOP (its a v1.4...all good) and was head spinning at all of the things that have happened in the scene over the 16 years I was away. In 2004 all we had were softmods and modchips ;)

Hexen came up a lot...and gets a lot of bad rep for good reason from all I have read. This tool sounds to have solved all of those problems and frankly sounds like the way to go. I will give it a shot.

Thank you for offering this!

Edited by eightbit

I tested this today. It absolutely works great and is much more advanced than Hexen ever was. But there was one issue I ran into. It claimed my chip was "protected". I was certain I did the TSOP mod correctly, but it refused to flash the chip. It is a Winbond chip. I actually had to use Hexen 2018 to TSOP flash it to EvoX...which worked there. Then I used this disc to clean up the drive and perform the installation of all of the software.

In OGXBOX installer it previously it read the BIOS as Stock 5101 (before I had to use Hexen 2018 to flash the chip). Now it reads it as "unknown" in OGXBOX Installer. Although when I power on the Xbox, it certainly shows the EvoX logo and Hexen 2018 flashed it without any issue. And I was able to stick a 500GB drive in it and use it no problem. So it is hard modded.

Just wondering why OGXBOX Installer is not detecting it or allowing it to be flashed? Is it a raincoat issue? After choosing the Winbond BIOS to flash (I chose EvoX) it just backs out back to the BIOS select screen without flashing anything.

For now (for me) this is an all around great tools disc to get hard drives configured (and I like the fact that you have a bring everything back to factory option!) but I really wish it could be used to flash TSOP BIOS's as well (again, for me...I am sure it is working for others)

Any thoughts on why this is happening are greatly appreciated.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eightbit said:

I tested this today. It absolutely works great and is much more advanced than Hexen ever was. But there was one issue I ran into. It claimed my chip was "protected". I was certain I did the TSOP mod correctly, but it refused to flash the chip. It is a Winbond chip. I actually had to use Hexen 2018 to TSOP flash it to EvoX...which worked there. Then I used this disc to clean up the drive and perform the installation of all of the software.

In OGXBOX installer it previously it read the BIOS as Stock 5101 (before I had to use Hexen 2018 to flash the chip). Now it reads it as "unknown" in OGXBOX Installer. Although when I power on the Xbox, it certainly shows the EvoX logo and Hexen 2018 flashed it without any issue. And I was able to stick a 500GB drive in it and use it no problem. So it is hard modded.

Just wondering why OGXBOX Installer is not detecting it or allowing it to be flashed? Is it a raincoat issue? After choosing the Winbond BIOS to flash (I chose EvoX) it just backs out back to the BIOS select screen without flashing anything.

For now (for me) this is an all around great tools disc to get hard drives configured (and I like the fact that you have a bring everything back to factory option!) but I really wish it could be used to flash TSOP BIOS's as well (again, for me...I am sure it is working for others)

Any thoughts on why this is happening are greatly appreciated.

If your Chip shows up as "protectet" in the installer it's because of UnleashX (Quote from the UX manual :  "ChipID" - The type of chip being used, i.e. SST 49LF020. if unknown, it defaults to "Protected BIOS"). I have the same on some of my TSOP'ed XBoxes not a big deal. Basicly UX didn't now that bios and thats why it shows "up Protected"

About the flash, you have used the option " 2.2.1. Flash Winbond TSOP. "? I will do check that today to see were I have messed that up ( I have one Winbond XBox here to test that so i think we get that fixed asap).

Thanks for reporting this bug at all. :)

About HeXEn... I used HeXEn as well but I missed options and some other things. I have tried to talk to Heimdall to make HeXEn better but sadly he simply refuses to talk to me so thats why this disc exists at all. And I have to admit that HeXEn isn't that bad at all. You could say the same about this disc. Bugs will happen and when ppl report them, they will be fixed. Problem is here, most ppl prefere to flame in other boards about bugs instead of reporting them to get fixed. I guess all of us Heimdall, Slayer and all the guys who made installer have to deal with that.  You see, we are on version 1.0.3 and I work on 1.0.4. (My private build is 1.10.0) So I do a lot of work without a release for just a minor bug fix. And OFC it isn't great to do much releases in a sort time but if it's needed, it should be done. It sucks but whats the price for a DVD 20 cent`s? Not to bad I think (And i already have burned ~50 DVDs just for test builds). And each time there was something i don't like or just a stupid typo happend (Like most of oyu know, english isn't my fist language but at least I try to give my best).

So if the users work with me (and with all others who made disc like this) instead of working against me (us), we can do something nice. ;) That said, I will see that I get that bug fixed today so that it will be fixed in the next build (1.0.4).

For all non Winbond users the 1.0.3 should be ok for now (ST and all other (no Sharp) TSOP's can be flashed with the EvoX).  And again thanks for reporting and the flowers as well. ;)

EDIT :

Stupid question... You have choosen your bios (EvoX prepares the bios and copied it) and after that you go are gone back to the EvoX main menu (which would be right) and hit " Flash Bios NOW! " ?

EDIT 2 :

Found the mistake I made. And it's fixed. :)

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1