OGXbox.com

Aladdin pinout questions

jimbobjones

Alright folks,

Of the numerous aladdin chips i've installed into 1.6 xboxes, i have installed the pin header with pin 4 removed, rebuilt lpc, connected bt->gnd on chip, cut the lframe trace at the xyclops chip and ignored installing the d0->gnd wire. This has always worked fine for me.

Recently i have seen different and conflicting instructions on de-pinning the header. it was suggested to also remove pin 3 (lframe), 6 (5v) and 12 (gnd).

I'm wondering what the benefit is and whether i need to start doing it this way?

I'm presuming pin 6 has been left out so standby power isn't lighting the led, and pin 3 to disable lframe without cutting the trace? why remove the second gnd (pin 12) though?

Just wondering what the consensus was on this, is this a better way to do it, is my usual way now incorrect??

Figured it was time to ask the experts!

Cheers

10 hours ago, jimbobjones said:

Alright folks,

Of the numerous aladdin chips i've installed into 1.6 xboxes, i have installed the pin header with pin 4 removed, rebuilt lpc, connected bt->gnd on chip, cut the lframe trace at the xyclops chip and ignored installing the d0->gnd wire. This has always worked fine for me.

Recently i have seen different and conflicting instructions on de-pinning the header. it was suggested to also remove pin 3 (lframe), 6 (5v) and 12 (gnd).

I'm wondering what the benefit is and whether i need to start doing it this way?

I'm presuming pin 6 has been left out so standby power isn't lighting the led, and pin 3 to disable lframe without cutting the trace? why remove the second gnd (pin 12) though?

Just wondering what the consensus was on this, is this a better way to do it, is my usual way now incorrect??

Figured it was time to ask the experts!

Cheers

This I how I handle the Version 1.6 boards.

I use the Aladdin chip on all the version 1.6 board and I rebuild the LPC with wire links. On the Aladdin chip I link the BT to ground and I also change the LED power on the chip to run from the 3.3 volt that way the led is switched. As for the D0 wire I don't connect it and  I cut the LFrame trace.

IMG_20200709_120903.thumb.jpg.63f49be0ec1d4a0c7bc2dd86e71c3248.jpg  IMG_20200708_193309.thumb.jpg.dc358fd60baf88b9c74c35da9f29488e.jpg  833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

The only reason to connect the BT and the D0 was for Xbox Live, and the only reason I switch the LED is a lot of customers liked it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 minutes ago, jimbobjones said:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

So just continue what im doing then and just remove pin 4 from the header, leave the rest? I take it all the 5v pin does these days on the chip is light the led, hence your bypass mod?

That right the 5 volt is just for the LED.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.