OGXbox.com

X3 chip cant load config live

Tysonb

Hi there,

I am beginner in modding so correct me if im wrong.

I bought a xbox 1.6 with a x3 chip and x3 panel with lcd.

I really dont know what the previous owner did but i think he fucked things up. When i start the xbox and pressing the white button the xbox doesnt boot config live..i also cant flash a bios with biosflasher through lan. 

It is also impossible to start up hexen or rocky5..

Is there someone who can help me? My goal is to change the hdd.

1 hour ago, Tysonb said:

Hi there,

I am beginner in modding so correct me if im wrong.

I bought a xbox 1.6 with a x3 chip and x3 panel with lcd.

I really dont know what the previous owner did but i think he fucked things up. When i start the xbox and pressing the white button the xbox doesnt boot config live..i also cant flash a bios with biosflasher through lan. 

It is also impossible to start up hexen or rocky5..

Is there someone who can help me? My goal is to change the hdd.

With my 1.6 with the X3cp to get in to the config I hold the white button then a quick tap of the power button and keep holding the white for about 15 to 20 seconds.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I had this problem, luckily KaosEngineer on this very forum had the answer. It seems likely that the previous owner may have set a password. You I'll need x3_eeprom_erase.rar, its in the first page of my thread in the modchip section:

Here's a quote with his response from my thread:

You were able to boot a different bank's BIOS to run a replacement dashboard?

If so, extract and upload the folder and content (default.xbe) from the attached archive.   This Xbox application clears the X3 modchip's EEPROM settings. Some version's of the X3 BIOS had a password bug where once you set a password you could not get back into X3 Config Live using the password you set. IIRC, X3 Config Live did not set the password you entered but used a default value no matter what you entered (I can't remember the default value it used - I'll have to try and find it.)  This app cleared all the X3's settings not just the password. Any user-defined settings were set back to the default values along with no password.

Edited by ShinGoutetsu
  • Like 1

Well that worked..so im a little step closer now.

Now do i have to find out to use my xbox properly, because i dont have a f*ng clue what to do with those banks...when i turn on the 1st and 3d button it boots in xbmc...i have the new hdd now hooked up and partitioned f and g so thats good. But i still cant boot up hexen or rocky5.

Ive tried to flash a bios but i think i do something wrong..

I only want to boot to for example xbmc4gamers

Did you flash a bios if at all?

If you can't boot Hexen or Rock5 disk it could be either the DVD drive at fault of the Disk

I only use Verbatim DVD-r discs and always burn as slow as possible and will still occasionally find a DVD drive that won't read them mostly due to been worn out or a dirty laser pickup.

If its booting to xbmc you could just FTP XBMC4Gamers to the XBMC folder and overwrite the files with the new ones.

Here is  a link to a X3 manual if you want it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ojm4kgzprr5i3k4/AACN0nGrDXNU6c2j48ig9vkVa?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Is there an X3 BIOS on the chip? The Config Live is part of the X3 BIOS, so without it you can't enter into it. Do you see "Xecuter rox my box" logo after the flubber animation?

Also if you have a 3rd party controller try holding BACK button instead.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you got it resolved already.

Edited by lapa988
  • Like 1