OGXbox.com

Rocky 5 TSOP Flash Boot Loop help.

Tingle64

Hello, I am stuck in a pickle and hope someone can help.

I just TSOP flashed in my Xbox and it is now stuck in a boot loop. The Xbox logo appears along with the Microsoft logo and then the system resets to do it again. I first installed the rocky 5 softmod, used the bios checker disc to make sure it was ready to flash (it displayed "TSOP?") and then used the TSOP flash mode of the extras disc to flash the system. everything went like normal and then after the BIOS was flashed and the system rebooted it just kept rebooting itself. It is at the 3:56 mark in the attached video

. I'm new at this and out of my element here, please help. 

1 hour ago, Tingle64 said:

Any installer disc you would recommend? the Rocky 5 disc boots into a separate "hard mod mode" now so there is no longer an option to uninstall the soft mod. will HeXen work?     

Yes the hard mod option should work fine, It will reformat C and E drives and install a hardmod compatible dash.

I use slayers 2.7 or 3.3, there is also a AID install disk, Hexen( Hexen and me are not good friends) will also work

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, Tingle64 said:

Hello, I am stuck in a pickle and hope someone can help.

I just TSOP flashed in my Xbox and it is now stuck in a boot loop. The Xbox logo appears along with the Microsoft logo and then the system resets to do it again. I first installed the rocky 5 softmod, used the bios checker disc to make sure it was ready to flash (it displayed "TSOP?") and then used the TSOP flash mode of the extras disc to flash the system. everything went like normal and then after the BIOS was flashed and the system rebooted it just kept rebooting itself. It is at the 3:56 mark in the attached video

. I'm new at this and out of my element here, please help. 

Which BIOS did you flash to the TSOP?

I had a similar problem with my X3 modded console after installing the hard mod dashloader which I believe the Extras disc installs.  The problem is the bootup evoxdash.xbe file (actually Rocky5's dashloader app) looks for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg and tries to patch the ind-bios so it can mount XISO disc images.  The problem is I'm not booting the ind-bios but the X3 BIOS which the patcher fails to patch which results in the console rebooting over and over again.  Luckily the X3 BIOS's X3 Config Live can be entered before the evoxdash.xbe (dashloader) app is loaded and the C:\ind-bios.cfg file deleted or renamed.

After you boot the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc, Hexen 2018 or TruHexen 2020, FTP to the console and look for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg.  If it is present, rename it to something else or simply delete it.

Remove the installer disc from the DVD drive and reboot the console. 

ALL FIXED!   

Is yours?

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which BIOS did you flash to the TSOP?

I had a similar problem with my X3 modded console after installing the hard mod dashloader which I believe the Extras disc installs.  The problem is the bootup evoxdash.xbe file (actually Rocky5's dashloader app) looks for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg and tries to patch the ind-bios so it can mount XISO disc images.  The problem is I'm not booting the ind-bios but the X3 BIOS which the patcher fails to patch which results in the console rebooting over and over again.  Luckily the X3 BIOS's X3 Config Live can be entered before the evoxdash.xbe (dashloader) app is loaded and the C:\ind-bios.cfg file deleted or renamed.

After you boot the Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc, Hexen 2018 or TruHexen 2020, FTP to the console and look for the file C:\ind-bios.cfg.  If it is present, rename it to something else or simply delete it.

Remove the installer disc from the DVD drive and reboot the console. 

ALL FIXED!   

Is yours?

Man I wish I knew this a few days ago, I actually effed up pretty bad while trying to troubleshoot. I thought that what was happening was the BIOS was looking for a dashboard to boot to and that the softmod dash was incompatible. (Not too far off but wrong in a few key areas.) I booted into the extras disc and attempted to install one of the hardmod compatible dashboards. Big mistake. It errored out and wiped the whole C partition.

I was panning on installing and building a new hard drive anyway, so once I get the right IDE cables in from amazon I'll just build a new drive from one of the boot discs, but it sucks that I no longer have the stock HDD to fall back on.

I figured that doing a hardmod from a fresh softmod with the extras disc would be relatively safe since they were built to work with one another but I learned my lesson to not make assumptions with this kind of stuff. If I ever find another cheap Xbox out in the wild I'll know for next time its just a matter of deleting one file.         

On 11/23/2020 at 3:27 PM, Tingle64 said:

I figured that doing a hardmod from a fresh softmod with the extras disc would be relatively safe since they were built to work with one another but I learned my lesson to not make assumptions with this kind of stuff. If I ever find another cheap Xbox out in the wild I'll know for next time its just a matter of deleting one file.

Maybe, since that may change on future releases of the Extras Disc.