OGXbox.com

Restore softmod on new hdd from softmod backup

MidnightMadness

I have a backup of my entire softmod/og xbox hdd that i did when i did the softmod on it. It's in a .iso file. It contains everything on it from c,d,f partitions and has the backup of the eeprom in it. My evolutionx dash, skins, few programs like dvdtoxbox. I softmoded it with the sid 5.0 and game exploit, had Evolutionx dash. The hdd i upgraded to 360gb hdd. I must have made the backup before i started burning games to the drive. I have no clue what i did with the original drive, i probably chucked it as i had the backup.
How do i take this backup .iso and put it on a new hdd to put in my xbox as there doesn't seem to be any tutorials on doing this specifically?

So bit of background;
I'm not a noob to softmodding og xbox's, but last time i did a softmod was before the rocky5 method existed.
My xbox is stuck on and will only boot to the xbox dash after an error 21. This happened after i accidentally clicked on connect to xbox live on call of duty and it updateed. I read somewhere there are 2 files you need to delete once a game is copied to hd in order to prevent this, but i can't remember what they are? Any help there would be good to.

I cannot ftp into the hdd anymore as ftp won't find the console. Also i tried burning the Hexen2018 to disk, but that won't boot, and have since learned you need softmod dash for it to boot so no luck there.
Next i tried xboxhdm23usb beta3 as i have a few spare external 2.5 dives in external enclosures. Only thing i did here was put the eeprom in root folder and tried basic build as is first to see if it will work. But again no luck. It finds the hdd's, but keeps coming up with -h and -d errors  when i choose option 5 or xboxhd program.

Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, MidnightMadness said:

Next i tried xboxhdm23usb beta3 as i have a few spare external 2.5 dives in external enclosures. Only thing i did here was put the eeprom in root folder and tried basic build as is first to see if it will work. But again no luck. It finds the hdd's, but keeps coming up with -h and -d errors  when i choose option 5 or xboxhd program

Can you post a picture showing these -h and -d errors from XboxHDM23USB Beta 3?

How are you connecting the 2.5" drives to the PC? (via a USB-to-HDD interface adapter, etc.)

as the xbox is softmodded, the new drive would need locking and since you dont have access to the console that might prove difficult,  you may be able to hotswap the drive to your pc once the xbox has unlocked it, then use fatxplorer to gain access to the drive and put it right? but as im sure others (dave) will say easier to just mod it lol

edit - just seen you have the eeprom file, should be able to rebuild a new drive then

Edited by bolofski

My Recommendation is to Install a mod chip,  They are cheap enough and readily available.

At the same time you you can clean and examine the caps and remove the clock cap.

Once a mod chip is running its hard to break and easy to recover should you somehow manage to destroy the software.

Edited by Acidmank
Bad England

For the cost of a modchip why muck around with softmods

On Evil-bay Aladdin's are around $8.5 usd each or Open Xenium's around $35 usd with some facebook sellers $20usd each and a TSOP flash around $0.00

Hardmod it then use your prefered install disk to setup the hard drive, Then use FATXplorer to copy all your stuff over, as a example 1.7tb in 24 hours or less or 4+ days via FTP.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the replys guys.

I'll have a look into the modchip rout if it's cheap enough. But for now i'd still like to get my softmod back if i can as i feel it's doable (somehow) without having to shell out any money.

Yes i have the eeprom, so if anything i should be able to build a new hdd.

I found a forum post explaining the -h -d smartct1 error and how to correct it with batch file code.

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4789&sid=80533ba6c8978c32d5720e72215fe093&start=20

Also added few pictures of the c drive and errors

xb backup6.jpg

xb backup5 select 4.jpg