OGXbox.com

Best 2TB XBOX image

AtariSoul

Hello 

I have an X3 modded XBOX.

I've noticed a thread elsewhere  on OGXBOX mention the Origins 2TB from Arcade Punks.  So I'm giving that a go out of curiosity. I'm still trying to use MultiPAR to fix the RAR files with the PAR2 files. Then I'll jump on the torrent to finish it.

But I have other consoles and Launchbox set up so emulation isn't the main driving force, its the XBOX games and homebrew. 

I'm just wondering if there is a full 2TB XBOX games image anyone recommends or should I go with, that has all the boxes on view like I have set up in Launchbox? I current have XBMX4XBOX as my dashboard.

If I remember correctly, is there a Windows app that I can transfer the extracted images (I presume its still this way rather than copy the ISO) to the drive while attached to my PC as this would be much quicker?

Thanks in advance

Edited by AtariSoul

Hello,

at the end of the rebuild using torrent app, you will obtain a Xbox_Origins_2TB.imgc file, this is a compressend image disk.

You will have to use HDD RAW COPY TOOL 1.10 from www.hddguru.com. Pick first imgc file, then choose the right HDD and wait the night long. Put you destination HDD in sata or external sata.

Wait and you will have the most delicisious HDD for Xbox

On 11/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, AtariSoul said:

Hello 

I have an X3 modded XBOX.

I've noticed a thread elsewhere  on OGXBOX mention the Origins 2TB from Arcade Punks.  So I'm giving that a go out of curiosity. I'm still trying to use MultiPAR to fix the RAR files with the PAR2 files. Then I'll jump on the torrent to finish it.

But I have other consoles and Launchbox set up so emulation isn't the main driving force, its the XBOX games and homebrew. 

I'm just wondering if there is a full 2TB XBOX games image anyone recommends or should I go with, that has all the boxes on view like I have set up in Launchbox? I current have XBMX4XBOX as my dashboard.

If I remember correctly, is there a Windows app that I can transfer the extracted images (I presume its still this way rather than copy the ISO) to the drive while attached to my PC as this would be much quicker?

Thanks in advance

The Origins image is exactly what you are looking for. 760+ OG Xbox games in that image plus thousands of emulator games from every platform imaginable. It uses Xbmc4Xbox as the dash as well. Benur75 was spot on with the app info after download.

The history behind that image after I did some reading is that it was from a guy who put it together and was selling imaged hard drives. Someone took one of those drives and dumped it using HDD Raw Copy Tool and seeded it as a torrent. I found a thread (can't remember where anymore) where the dude that created ti was pretty pissed and talking shit that it was his "stolen" work (oh the irony of a software pirate complaining about having software he stole stolen from him) and said it was an early image and garbage.

I honestly think that guy was just sour that the torrent would take business from him and talking trash because most everything I have tried to use/play works flawlessly. It is definitely worth a go if you have the patience to wait for it to finish downloading. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VoltXT7 said:

@Benur75

If I understand right, I need 2X 2TB HDD : 1X 2TB HDD to download the Xbox_Origins_2TB.imgc file, and another 1X 2TB HDD to transfer the uncompressed "image" using HDD Raw Copy Tool, right ??

Yes that's correct

The image file and the hard drive size are about the same (1.7 tb)

I took my 4 weeks of 24/7 to download the image file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Thanks SS Dave, your post has made me more anxious to get this image 😀

10 hours ago, VCoupe376ci said:

The Origins image is exactly what you are looking for. 760+ OG Xbox games in that image plus thousands of emulator games from every platform imaginable. It uses Xbmc4Xbox as the dash as well. Benur75 was spot on with the app info after download.

The history behind that image after I did some reading is that it was from a guy who put it together and was selling imaged hard drives. Someone took one of those drives and dumped it using HDD Raw Copy Tool and seeded it as a torrent. I found a thread (can't remember where anymore) where the dude that created ti was pretty pissed and talking shit that it was his "stolen" work (oh the irony of a software pirate complaining about having software he stole stolen from him) and said it was an early image and garbage.

I honestly think that guy was just sour that the torrent would take business from him and talking trash because most everything I have tried to use/play works flawlessly. It is definitely worth a go if you have the patience to wait for it to finish downloading. 

Thanks SS Dave, your post has made me even more determined to get this image, I have a large collection within LaunchBox but playing on the actual console and controller cannot be beaten. 

Cheers

Edited by AtariSoul

On 11/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, SS_Dave said:

Yes that's correct

The image file and the hard drive size are about the same (1.7 tb)

I took my 4 weeks of 24/7 to download the image file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Outside of a few parts that were slow due to limited people seeding, my download was faster than many I see. On a 300mb cable connection I downloaded it in about 9 days of 24/7 downloading with no filters set that would limit me. I also had to start over once when I realized I made the bonehead move of starting the torrent on a mac which didn't have enough space and I somehow ruined the file moving it and couldn't get it to resume where it left off. Either way, well worth the download and have now used it on all 3 of the modded consoles I have.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, neakmenter said:

I’ve heard of an origins file that had a corrupt filename issue in “voodoo vince” - you might want to check the filenames against the original disc there, some of them might need renaming for the later levels...

Where did you hear this exactly?

I do know the image has some corrupt ROM files that I needed to replace so far. On the TG16 side both Legendary Axe I and David Cup Tennis were corrupt zip files. I only discovered that because one of my old time favorite games is Legendary Axe and the emulator would not launch it. After finding it was corrupt I transferred the whole ROM folder to the PC and tested all zips with 7zip....which revealed David Cup Tennis also was corrupt.

It would be good to keep a catalog of issues (post them here) that you find with games (xbox games, emulation roms, etc) so that we can actively fix any small issues in the image.

As for being an early image....I believe it. There's a lot of junk on the partitions. 0KB and 44KB N64 Roms that are just corrupt junk files. ".zip9" files that are garbage as well.

Otherwise, it is really darned good even if it was obviously a work in progress...and worth the download as I have found nothing else of this size that compares (fully set up). Took me 7 days exactly on my connection here.

Edited by eightbit

• 1 year later...

I checked all the *.zip files under /f/roms (and /F/Emulators/Surreal64CE_vB6.0/Roms) and found a bunch of corrupted zip files.  Note this won't detect roms that aren't zipped nor corrupt files that are subsequently zipped.

gba\Banjo Kazooie - Grunty's Revenge.zip
gba\ESPN - Bass 2002.zip
gba\Jonny Moseley Mad Trix.zip
gba\Pinball Tycoon.zip
gba\Tarzan - Return to the Jungle.zip
gba\GB\Battletoads & Double Dragon.zip
gba\GBC\Bust-a-Move Millennium.zip
gba\GBC\Croc I - Legend of the Gobbos.zip
gba\GBC\Klustar.zip
gba\GBC\Mickey's Racing Adventure.zip
gba\GBC\Vigilante 8.zip
genesis\Pele!.zip
genesis\Hacks\Zero Wing (Clean Version).zip
mame\1944.zip
mame\choko.zip
mame\crimec.zip
mame\pipibibs.zip
mame\searchp2.zip
mastersystem-gamegear\Home Alone.zip
tg16\Davis Cup Tennis.zip
tg16\Legendary Axe I.zip

Clean versions of the above roms:

https://mega.nz/file/oppCkBrK#VhDKqlbYHgMYhsEXUsZwhl7YCq2hOlQ8782M0MrO4TQ

• 4 months later...

Hello, I wanted to ask and inform those who had or have a problem with this origins fully loaded image that I recently downloaded from a torrent for about 4 days (few seds and pers) and everything unpacked beautifully to the 2TB disk using the hdd raw copy tool without any errors, often I read that people have a bug problem but the torrent doesn't have it !! I am pleasantly surprised by this "package"
1. can I somehow update the content, add roms, with net and ftp connected, unless the emulators are in the latest versions?
2. I have 128mb of ram at the top of the screen, it shows me e.g. 95mb / 64mb
why if I have 128mb of ram !! how to refresh it so that it displays properly thanks. 😀

And the question of the bios itself that will handle lba 48 and 2tb disks and more, I tried some of the latest bios IND, evox, cerbios
Well, it only works 100% The latest cerbios 2.02R
ind crashed console while booting
evox displayed empty windows

Edited by Poll300
adding information

I have my own 2tb image using XBMC4Gamers as the dash that has All US Xbox games plus Pal exclusives. I would of shared it somewhere but it would take me weeks to upload it.... only have a 1Mb upload :( 

Its probably using the same files as whats in Origins. They all seemed to come from the HDD ready Full Xbox set that was knocking around and a LOT of those games had problems. 

I will be replacing my 2tb drive with an 8tb when funds allow and will be starting all over again using the redump iso files with the Video partition removed. They will be in iso format on the drive and I will be running Cerbios.

• Like 1

I understand and maybe it will work out with time, it would be something extra for the present times and back to my earlier question, is it possible to update emulators and roms including 2tb Origins - Original Xbox Fully Loaded via FTP? has anyone tried to update manually via ftp?
And I have 128mb of frame and shows me 95mb / 64mb should it not be 95mb / 128mb?

5 hours ago, Poll300 said:

I understand and maybe it will work out with time, it would be something extra for the present times and back to my earlier question, is it possible to update emulators and roms including 2tb Origins - Original Xbox Fully Loaded via FTP? has anyone tried to update manually via ftp?
And I have 128mb of frame and shows me 95mb / 64mb should it not be 95mb / 128mb?

95/64MB will be due to the BIOS not being fully patched for 128MB. I don't understand the full consequences but I know that XBMC at least will still be able to use the full memory in that case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prehistoricman said:

95/64MB will be due to the BIOS not being fully patched for 128MB. I don't understand the full consequences but I know that XBMC at least will still be able to use the full memory in that case.

I understand my xbox 1.4 and which bios will be ok at the moment? I do not know and I have recently uploaded a few newest bios of IND Evox and cerbios if I can ask for information which bios supports 2TB and 128mb ram and it will be the best thank you

13 hours ago, Poll300 said:

Yes you should be able to update all the emus (where updates are available), roms, apps, games, basically everything via ftp. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poll300 said:

I understand my xbox 1.4 and which bios will be ok at the moment? I do not know and I have recently uploaded a few newest bios of IND Evox and cerbios if I can ask for information which bios supports 2TB and 128mb ram and it will be the best thank you

You can try the ones from this post.

8 hours ago, Prehistoricman said:

You can try the ones from this post.

Thank you yes I know I tried this bios and other new ones, as I wrote before, I don't know why on all bios in origins fully loaded I have Ram 95mb / 64mb although the memory test is 100% correct !!!  Could this be the fault of this origins program?  I got a 2 Tb disc with this image from a friend who had an xbox with 64mb of frame !?  😥😥

On 7/5/2022 at 4:21 PM, Poll300 said:

All LBA48 bios "Should" support a 2TB drive. Just be sure to partition it correctly.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:10 AM, Poll300 said:

Can anyone write how to add to 2TB disk of Origins fully loaded games from Sega Chihiro? possibly how to update the emulators !! I can't find anything about it anywhere, it is not the latest kit known 😅

On 7/10/2022 at 7:10 AM, Poll300 said:

Can anyone write how to add to 2TB disk of Origins fully loaded games from Sega Chihiro? possibly how to update the emulators !! I can't find anything about it anywhere, it is not the latest kit known 😅

The Origins build was leaked before it was fully completed according to the guy who made it. After that he flat out refused to support it in anyway. I think we can pretty much blame Arcade Punks for that. Due to this a lot of people dont use it. 

There are much better "Fully Loaded" builds out there now that are a lot more up to date than Origins and i expect with the recent semi revival of the ogxbox scene that there will be bigger and better builds supporting bigger drives than 2TB, Cerbios and all its features.

• Thanks 1

I understand and you can know what is currently the best version available fully loaded?  And does anyone know if the coinops, ninja massive emulators included in the fully loaded package are emulators with already loaded add-ons?  Because on Arcadepunks there is a massive ninja emulator, addons 1 and addons Pack and are these addons already included in the origins disc? 😀