3D Printed Case Fan Adapter (for 60mm Noctua)

I wanted to switch out the stock fan for a Noctua and still retain some of the OG look and feel, this is the result. Maybe it will be of use to someone else as well.

The design is up on Thingiverse and PrusaPrinters, whichever you fancy. Print instructions are there as well. Enjoy.

PS. I'm also working on a design that's more compact and easier to print (in two or three parts), I'll post it if I ever get around to completing it. 😄

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

Edited by NightBreeze
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By corona2222
      I picked up a dead xbox, $20, I want to see if it can be fixed. (I believe its 1.6 board, xcalibur chip and MFD 2005 )
      Pressing the power button spins the rear fan but stops spinning when I stop pressing the button. No other signs of life.
      No signs of being opened before. The power board powers up my other good v1.6 xbox fine, so a bad power board can be ruled out. Plugging my other good power board into the dead xbox has the same fan spin only result. I transferred the DVD to my good xbox and that works ok.
      I notice 4 of 5 caps bellow the CPU are blown - I've got 5 new 3300uf 10v caps coming in the post to replace them ($6 ebay), I looked on Digikey but $24 just for postage 😞 The closest Jaycar stock is 4700uf 16v.

I noticed the 1.0f 2.5v gold cap in there too, do the 1.6v suffer the same leaky problems as earlier xbox version timer caps? needs changing?

I don't expect to diagnose anything further until the 5 3300uf caps are replaced, but wondering if in the mean time there is anything else to check? or perform after caps replaced.

• By nucclearffiestas
      I just read in Huang's "Hacking the Xbox" a warning that the fanless heatsinks are prone to overheating if operated without the disk drives installed over the motherboard. I was just about to replace my 1.0 GPU heatsink (with the fan) with the later, fanless, one with the idea that I'd reduce the noise. But now I'm having second thoughts, as I will not be replacing the disk drives over the motherboard.
      Can anyone offer me some sage advice on whether or not i should keep the 1.0 heatsink?
      I may end up shaving ~1" off the top for a slim build. Would this eliminate the potential risk of overheating?

• By FerociousOG
      Any suggestions for a Rev 1.0 replacement CPU fan or larger heat sink replacement?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.