3D Printed Case Fan Adapter (for 60mm Noctua)

I wanted to switch out the stock fan for a Noctua and still retain some of the OG look and feel, this is the result. Maybe it will be of use to someone else as well.

The design is up on Thingiverse and PrusaPrinters, whichever you fancy. Print instructions are there as well. Enjoy.

PS. I'm also working on a design that's more compact and easier to print (in two or three parts), I'll post it if I ever get around to completing it. 😄

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

Edited by NightBreeze
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lizardmonkey
      I want to adapt a PicoPSU to a 1.6 xbox. Just wondering if anyone has done the ATX adapting to a 1.6.
      If so how did you deal with the 5V always on? I think this may be advantageous since there probably wont be quite the inrush on power on for the 5V rail.
      I was thinking of either the following:
      1.) Using a relay to switch between the 5VSB and the main 5V supply when switched on.
      2.) Connecting the 5VSB and main 5V supply from the ATX supply.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    • By Baggashite
      I don't like that the Startech SATA-IDE adapter doesn't have a case, so I designed one for it, and thought I'd share it.
      It's printed in two halves and snaps together (if all goes well).

sata-adapter-case.stl
    • By lizardmonkey
      With the eventual goal of creating a very slimmed down xbox I took one of the cheap SD to IDE adapters and modified it into this.
      Desoldered the existing male header; soldered a female header onto the back for a direct motherboard connection. Soldered the power connection to the DVD header to keep wires from running across the board.
      Unfortunately this meant the openxenium install was to tall; so that got a direct solder to the motherboard.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.