OGXbox.com

Help using FTP

C64MidRezzie

I have tried to copy an iso from my windows 10 pc using both Filezilla and FlashFXP but to no avail.  It stops during the transer.

On my computer it shows a single iso file but in both filezilla and flahsfxp it shows the samefile name with 2 isos.  I always go with the larger one wrhich is over 7.2gb but once it reaches 4gb exactly it fails to transfer the file - what is going on?  It's years since I transferred a single iso - any help greatly appreciated.

Thats the FATX file limit 4GiBs. The Xbox doesn't like any single file bigger that that but its not your problem I think.

From the size of the ISO you're talking about I'm pretty sure you've download a redump of the game, simply a bit by bit exact copy, which when unzipped is typically 7.2GB. What you need to do is use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the actual game content from that first.

Once done you can either FTP the game to the Xbox or create a XISO which can either be burned to disc or FTPed and installed if you have the right tools to launch ISO games.

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, HDShadow said:

Thats the FATX file limit 4GiBs. The Xbox doesn't like any single file bigger that that but its not your problem I think.

From the size of the ISO you're talking about I'm pretty sure you've download a redump of the game, simply a bit by bit exact copy, which when unzipped is typically 7.2GB. What you need to do is use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the actual game content from that first.

Once done you can either FTP the game to the Xbox or create a XISO which can either be burned to disc or FTPed and installed if you have the right tools to launch ISO games.

XDVDmulleter doesn't work for me. I have done everything I can with the program, it always leads either to an error about invalid TOC entry or if it rebuilds an ISO it just makes a larger ISO, or if I extract it just creates a new ISO. No way to access the actual files.

Edit: The original download must have been corrupted because I was able to select another game without getting the invalid TOC entry and it extracted correctly. But after redownloading, same thing. Just won't allow me to load this particular ISO, not sure why.

Edited by TrantaLocked

It must be that particular download then and I'd suspect if you found it somewhere else it could well just be a copy of the same download. People can be a bit lazy, easier to repost a redump made by someone else, without testing it too, rather than do it themselves.

If XDVDMulleter isn't extracting the Xbox game content from the redump I suppose you could try another tool and that would at least confirm the problem is with the redump itself.

Extract-XISO is the only other alternative I know. Its a bit of a faff to use as the program itself comes with no easily understood  information as to how to do that. I think it is a command line tool but there is a good purpose designed GUI for the less knowledgeable ie. me :) available here.

Edited by HDShadow

Thanks, same thing with XISO and other programs so I'll probably just use an HDD ready version. 

How differently do programs patch games in terms of generic and game-specific patches? I saw a patch for a loading bar hang with Burnout 3, and I wondered why I never had this issue running it off my SSD, dumped from my physical copy through DVD2XBOX. Did I not encounter the issue because DVD2XBOX uses game-specific patches or did I get lucky somehow? Where does Qwix stand in that respect? Maybe it's because I have a 1.6 Xbox?

Update on the above issue I had with a redumped ISO from archive.org not being able to be loaded by any ISO extractor program. A comment I saw there said to use the Xbox image browser so I went and downloaded "Xbox 360 Image Browser 2.9.0.350" and was able to use that to extract the ISO that was giving me problems. 

On 4/20/2021 at 7:37 AM, TrantaLocked said:

Update on the above issue I had with a redumped ISO from archive.org not being able to be loaded by any ISO extractor program. A comment I saw there said to use the Xbox image browser so I went and downloaded "Xbox 360 Image Browser 2.9.0.350" and was able to use that to extract the ISO that was giving me problems. 

As a matter of interest may I ask what was that particular iso? Must have been a good game to warrant the conviction.

12 hours ago, Ganbare said:

As a matter of interest may I ask what was that particular iso? Must have been a good game to warrant the conviction.

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex. Just a game I plan on playing and finishing as I never got past a certain level as a kid, the one where you play as the girl character and there's a river with floating platforms you hop to. My dad and I tried this level and neither of us were able to beat it after a while so we gave up and I never played it again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By boydscout
      I chip modded my Xbox 20 years ago when I was in college. Not sure the type of chip but I can find out if need be. Evolution X executor rox my box load screen. Fast forward and now I have 4 kids who have resurrected the Xbox, ages 4-11. I suspect one of the kids messed up the bios but I really don't know. One day, the kids can't get into system utilities anymore and load games. Here is the screen it boots to. Not sure where to go from here to get the machine working but I can follow directions and my 11YO is as nerdy as I used to be, so I'm hoping all is not lost.

Any guidance appreciated.
    • By SamRohod
      Hello everyone,
      I want to store my game collection in the most authentic way possible (matching Redump) but that takes a lot of storage. So, I did a little bit of research and now I have few questions (and few requests) that I hope someone could help me with.
      It seems to me that there are three main formats for storing a retail OG Xbox disc: (1) Redump ISO   (2) XISO  (3) Extracted files/Game Folder
      I did some testing with:
      Halo - Combat Evolved (USA) (Rev 2) {crc="013986d0"}
      JSRF - Jet Set Radio Future (USA) {crc="b2a882df"}
      Mortal Kombat - Deception (USA) {crc="007bcbcc"}

A
      -----------------
      In the Xemu documentation it is mentioned that you can create an emulator-compatible .iso file by using either of the commands:

-with dd:
      dd.exe if={redump_game_name}.iso of={output_game_name}.iso skip=387 bs=1M

-with extract-xiso:
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

But these two methods produce different .iso files. The one created with dd.exe is much bigger.
      A1- Are these two different forms of XISO or is the .iso file created with dd.exe just a trimming hack and not a proper XISO?
      A2- Is what is trimmed with dd.exe the same for every retail disc (meaning we can just keep one copy to rebuild every disc with it)?
      A3- What is the effect of using the two commands together?
      A4- In this post JayFoxRox says that we can separate the video and game partitions and recombine them later. Also he says that the video partition is the same for most retail games. Is that true? What games have special video partition? How to separate the two partitions and recombine them to give the original Redump CRC?
      If the video partition is the same for all/most games, that would mean that we can keep one copy of that partition to recreate the Redump ISO from any XISO file (saving a lot of space). The exception being the random padding that we need to find a way to recreate.

B
      -----------------

Extracting the files from a Redump ISO with with extract-xiso
      extract-xiso.exe -x {redump_game_name}.iso
      then generating a .iso with them
      extract-xiso.exe -c {Folder_with_all_the_files}

gives a .iso file with a different CRC32 to the .iso file that is created from
      extract-xiso.exe -r {redump_game_name}.iso

I tried to use IsoBuster 4.8 (free) on a Redump ISO. It worked for listing the LBA for the files and for extracting the game files.

IsoBuster always showed 4 partitions for the Redump ISOs:
      SEP13011042
      SEP13011042072
      VIDEO
      XBOX

and two partitions for the XISO created with extract-xiso:
      -        {it's just a dash}
      XBOX

The files didn't change (I extracted again and compared) but I noticed that the some LBA for the files is different. Maybe there is something else that is different as well?
      B1- Is there a program that can create/edit ISO files based on LBA information (maybe like PS3 ISO Rebuilder with IRD files)?
      B2- Does this mean that we need to create files like IRD files for the PS3 (Layout files?) to be able to recreate an XISO file from extracted files?
      B3- Anyone knows a program that can do that for XISO files? For Redump ISO files? (similar to Redump2IRD)

Note: I tried IsoBuster 4.7 and didn't work for me. In their release notes for 4.8 they mention {better XISO support}.

General Questions:
      1- Do you think we should start a database for the random blocks seeds using the tools in HERE? (even though we can't do it for all discs right now)
      2- Can anyone provide the attachments from this thread?
      3- Can anyone provide a compiled version of this program?
    • By Frizzo
      Hello there everyone!
      I posted a little bit around but then I considered the many peculiarities of my situation and decided that it was better to open a new topic.
      I am going a little bit out of my mind trying to softmod an Xbox 1.00 fw 4034 NTSC-J. I am aiming to play some titles in english and therefore softmod is a must. I am not totally inept with soldering iron but if I wold like not messing around with the motherboard.
      I checked my options and it seemed that Hotswap was the best alternative. I found a couple of posts on reddit (here from Rocky5 and here).
      The second post is interesting because essentially presents my same case and the OP resolved with a previous copy of XboxHDM 2.3 Beta 2 and ndure 3.0 but then in the comments another poster said you can just use the XBHDM utility of Rocky5softmod. This was a long route. I thought to start from the easiest way to edit files in the HDD through hotswap: Xplorer360.
      I planned to use Xplorer360 with the error 12 unplugging the dvd drive but it gave instead the error 11. The error 11 was just the start, I tried other ways to unlock the drive but it still does not show up in Xplorer360 (despite it showed up in DISKUTIL many times).
      Used other hotswap strategy. In-game technique seemed the one that produced the best effects since it came up in the DISKUTIL but still never on Xplorer360. I dropped Xplorer360. I upgraded to XboxHDM 2.3 Beta 4 I planned to do with the Rocky5 Build 1.1.8v/Installer Variants/XBHDM. I was able to connect it to the PC via ide-usb cable, check in DISKUTIL and check with XboxHDM 2.3 Beta 4 that the hd is "ATA secutity is: enabled, pw Level Max, not locked, not frozen [sec5]."
      I would like to make a backup and I want to move the rocky5 files now. I moved the XBHDM build from the "installer variants" folder in Build 1.1.8. load the XBHDM for the drive.  When I load the xbrowser in XboxHDM and press f2 for menu it gives me a "Cannot open file /usr/local/share/mc/mc.menu". f4 (edit) blanks the page with "C" [Read only] line 1 of 1 --100%-- which factually makes the XBHDM crash (no way to go back). IN A NUTSHELL: from here I am lost... what should I do? I run everything as administrator but no luck. Should I first unlock the drive and disable ? no Disable? i am really confused...
      I dont have the eeprom reader so i cannot extract it in that way. I order solder ink pen but it will take time but worst scenario I think I might TSOP, but does that too need a softmod first?
      Anyway I think that I must be close... any suggestions on how to proceed ?

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.