OGXbox.com

Help using FTP

C64MidRezzie

I have tried to copy an iso from my windows 10 pc using both Filezilla and FlashFXP but to no avail.  It stops during the transer.

On my computer it shows a single iso file but in both filezilla and flahsfxp it shows the samefile name with 2 isos.  I always go with the larger one wrhich is over 7.2gb but once it reaches 4gb exactly it fails to transfer the file - what is going on?  It's years since I transferred a single iso - any help greatly appreciated.

Thats the FATX file limit 4GiBs. The Xbox doesn't like any single file bigger that that but its not your problem I think.

From the size of the ISO you're talking about I'm pretty sure you've download a redump of the game, simply a bit by bit exact copy, which when unzipped is typically 7.2GB. What you need to do is use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the actual game content from that first.

Once done you can either FTP the game to the Xbox or create a XISO which can either be burned to disc or FTPed and installed if you have the right tools to launch ISO games.

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, HDShadow said:

Thats the FATX file limit 4GiBs. The Xbox doesn't like any single file bigger that that but its not your problem I think.

From the size of the ISO you're talking about I'm pretty sure you've download a redump of the game, simply a bit by bit exact copy, which when unzipped is typically 7.2GB. What you need to do is use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the actual game content from that first.

Once done you can either FTP the game to the Xbox or create a XISO which can either be burned to disc or FTPed and installed if you have the right tools to launch ISO games.

XDVDmulleter doesn't work for me. I have done everything I can with the program, it always leads either to an error about invalid TOC entry or if it rebuilds an ISO it just makes a larger ISO, or if I extract it just creates a new ISO. No way to access the actual files.

Edit: The original download must have been corrupted because I was able to select another game without getting the invalid TOC entry and it extracted correctly. But after redownloading, same thing. Just won't allow me to load this particular ISO, not sure why.

Edited by TrantaLocked

It must be that particular download then and I'd suspect if you found it somewhere else it could well just be a copy of the same download. People can be a bit lazy, easier to repost a redump made by someone else, without testing it too, rather than do it themselves.

If XDVDMulleter isn't extracting the Xbox game content from the redump I suppose you could try another tool and that would at least confirm the problem is with the redump itself.

Extract-XISO is the only other alternative I know. Its a bit of a faff to use as the program itself comes with no easily understood  information as to how to do that. I think it is a command line tool but there is a good purpose designed GUI for the less knowledgeable ie. me :) available here.

Edited by HDShadow

Thanks, same thing with XISO and other programs so I'll probably just use an HDD ready version. 

How differently do programs patch games in terms of generic and game-specific patches? I saw a patch for a loading bar hang with Burnout 3, and I wondered why I never had this issue running it off my SSD, dumped from my physical copy through DVD2XBOX. Did I not encounter the issue because DVD2XBOX uses game-specific patches or did I get lucky somehow? Where does Qwix stand in that respect? Maybe it's because I have a 1.6 Xbox?

Update on the above issue I had with a redumped ISO from archive.org not being able to be loaded by any ISO extractor program. A comment I saw there said to use the Xbox image browser so I went and downloaded "Xbox 360 Image Browser 2.9.0.350" and was able to use that to extract the ISO that was giving me problems. 

On 4/20/2021 at 7:37 AM, TrantaLocked said:

Update on the above issue I had with a redumped ISO from archive.org not being able to be loaded by any ISO extractor program. A comment I saw there said to use the Xbox image browser so I went and downloaded "Xbox 360 Image Browser 2.9.0.350" and was able to use that to extract the ISO that was giving me problems. 

As a matter of interest may I ask what was that particular iso? Must have been a good game to warrant the conviction.

12 hours ago, Ganbare said:

As a matter of interest may I ask what was that particular iso? Must have been a good game to warrant the conviction.

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex. Just a game I plan on playing and finishing as I never got past a certain level as a kid, the one where you play as the girl character and there's a river with floating platforms you hop to. My dad and I tried this level and neither of us were able to beat it after a while so we gave up and I never played it again.