Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, xicat487 said:

Check this post out Neighbor was under clocking with NV Overclock. I played around with it on a lot BIOS versions and had no issue.

This is not about my problem. My problem is that i already overclocked my xbox and with the overclock,there is a lot of lag over online play(since others have stock xboxes). So i want a way to get back at stock speeds whenever i want without reflashing the bios. Thats why i want a BFM solution,so that whenever i want stock speeds,i will load the stock BFM bios

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to honest what does BFM BIOS do vs the more widely used ones ? I have a set of them but never used any. 

Any reason why not to have a dual BIOS setup on a mod chip of your choice ready just for this situation ? Am I missing something ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, xicat487 said:

I'm going to honest what does BFM BIOS do vs the more widely used ones ? I have a set of them but never used any. 

Any reason why not to have a dual BIOS setup on a mod chip of your choice ready just for this situation ? Am I missing something ?

what's a bfm bios?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

This is not about my problem. My problem is that i already overclocked my xbox and with the overclock,there is a lot of lag over online play(since others have stock xboxes). So i want a way to get back at stock speeds whenever i want without reflashing the bios. Thats why i want a BFM solution,so that whenever i want stock speeds,i will load the stock BFM bios

how did u oc? with a bios?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, xicat487 said:

I'm going to honest what does BFM BIOS do vs the more widely used ones ? I have a set of them but never used any. 

Any reason why not to have a dual BIOS setup on a mod chip of your choice ready just for this situation ? Am I missing something ?

I cant have dual bios,since i use a TSOP and not a modchip

Edited by SakisTheDrifter
Link to post
Share on other sites

In short no. Without a mod chip the TSOP EEPROP will have to be flashed to return to stock speeds every time.

Of the chips I have used in order of my preference XblastLite Xxecuter 3 and then Open Xenium.

Long and shot power switch press or direct stored BIOS selection on startup makes this very easy.

If you can TSOP, a mod chips in my opinion is actually easier to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the attached post above Neighbor explains a down clock he also has a overclock post. I attached some failures when attempting to use the program the first time. Note you may break compatibility as this post shows.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

I cant have dual bios,since i use a TSOP and not a modchip

Time to get one of these modchip with multiple banks

Also, can you upload the bios file so i can test on my xbox?

smartxx youtube.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like modchips so i am gonna keep using the TSOP. The solution i found for myself is overclock only the gpu and leave cpu and ram stock. I did it and the games play at normal speed and no lag online. I hope someone will find a way for a BFM bios to actual set the clocks too

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a version 1.0-1.1 you can split the TSOP with a singe switch to have 2 BIOS's or a simple Aladdin chip, You have one BIOS on the TSOP and a different BIOS on the chip, If you power on with the eject button is loads the TSOP and power button loads the chip BIOS file.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't use a BFM BIOS to reconfigure the base hardware setup of the CPU, GPU and RAM.  A BFM BIOS does not have the startup code that allows for overclocking.  You have to boot a different non-BFM BIOS to go between different hardware startup configurations - overclocked or not overclocked.

Thus, you need a modchip that supports booting multiple BIOSes - OpenXenium is one; there are others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, SS_Dave said:

If you have a version 1.0-1.1 you can split the TSOP with a singe switch to have 2 BIOS's or a simple Aladdin chip, You have one BIOS on the TSOP and a different BIOS on the chip, If you power on with the eject button is loads the TSOP and power button loads the chip BIOS file.

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thats what i wanted to do before even posting here for help,but the problems are that i have 3 xboxes so i dont wanna buy a chip for every console and also all of them have single bank tsops

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, KaosEngineer said:

You can't use a BFM BIOS to reconfigure the base hardware setup of the CPU, GPU and RAM.  A BFM BIOS does not have the startup code that allows for overclocking.  You have to boot a different non-BFM BIOS to go between different hardware startup configurations - overclocked or not overclocked.

Thats what i see.... i really hope that someone someday will make BFM bioses do that too,it would be really helpfull

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats what i wanted to do before even posting here for help,but the problems are that i have 3 xboxes so i dont wanna buy a chip for every console and also all of them have single bank tsops

OpenXeniums are pretty cheap to either build yourself or buy from someone, you should find them for ~$20. Or for about the same price you could build 5 yourself. 😄

3 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats what i see.... i really hope that someone someday will make BFM bioses do that too,it would be really helpfull

It won't happen because it needs to be done via Xcodes meaning it happens before BFM bios/kernel initialization. You can read some more about the Xbox boot process here https://mborgerson.com/deconstructing-the-xbox-boot-rom/

Edited by NightBreeze
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats what i see.... i really hope that someone someday will make BFM bioses do that too,it would be really helpfull

You don't overclock a PC on the fly either.  You go into the BIOS change the settings and reboot the PC, run it through stress testing to make sure it doesn't crash.  If so, you boot back into the BIOS which uses standard operating settings (the Xbox's BIOS doesn't have a configuration page to do these overclocking changes) then make overclocking settings changes that are less stressful.  Repeat until it doesn't crash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You don't overclock a PC on the fly either.  You go into the BIOS change the settings and reboot the PC, run it through stress testing to make sure it doesn't crash.  If so, you boot back into the BIOS which uses standard operating settings (the Xbox's BIOS doesn't have a configuration page to do these overclocking changes) then make overclocking settings changes that are less stressful.  Repeat until it doesn't crash.

There are cpu that do it automatically on the fly. Also you can overclock a gpu on the fly without reboot

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

There are cpu that do it automatically on the fly. Also you can overclock a gpu on the fly without reboot

No one has written such an app to overclock the Xbox's CPU or GPU on the fly.  Permanent changes are made to the modified Xbox BIOS to configure the hardware during startup before the kernel is extracted/decrypted from ROM then loaded into RAM and executed - hardware is configured by the 2BL (second boot loader) code, not the kernel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

No one has written such an app to overclock the Xbox's CPU or GPU on the fly.  Permanent changes are made to the modified Xbox BIOS to configure the hardware during startup before the kernel is extracted/decrypted from ROM then loaded into RAM and executed - hardware is configured by the 2BL (second boot loader) code, not the kernel.

I got it,so i overclocked the gpu only and the game run at normal speed,so i guess i am gonna leave it like that. Thanks everyone for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Riff-Raff
      So I managed to repair my xbox and while I was at it I got to work on a couple of 1.6s I had. I've installed the Aladdin XT Plus2 and I left the on board led off so it doesn't turn on. I used the TruHexen 2020 disk and flashed the 256k BIOS, v1.6. Now when I boot, as I'm sure most of you know, I get the purple triangle with the Evo X logo. I don't really care for the logo and I would like advice on what would be the best BIOS to install on a:
      1.6 with an Aladdin chip
      stock hdd but going to upgrade eventually
      working dvd drive but that may be removed
      want F and G
      no LOGO.
      Thanks guys!
    • By BlackIvan
      I've got a question about shortcuts on xbmcorigins with UI update installed. Is it normal to only be able to select games as shortcuts? I know emulators require custom addon.xml to do it, but I am actually trying to have apps available as shortcuts. Like DVD2Xbox and other stuff.
      I don't know how to write an addon.xml, so even if it would make the apps show up as selectable I won't be able to do it. Is there some kind of template I can follow to learn how to write one?
       
      Another quick question, since I only use coinops for emulation, could I place the folder in F\Games so it shows up with the other games?
    • By zaiem
      Need to upgrade my original XBOX to SATA harddisk with IDE-SATA adapter
      Any BIOS flash recommendation for xodus matrix  modchip?
      I do have the programmer and wintool to flash the BIOS, I believe xodus matrix is 256k

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.