OGXbox.com

BFM Bios Question

SakisTheDrifter

18 minutes ago, xicat487 said:

Check this post out Neighbor was under clocking with NV Overclock. I played around with it on a lot BIOS versions and had no issue.

This is not about my problem. My problem is that i already overclocked my xbox and with the overclock,there is a lot of lag over online play(since others have stock xboxes). So i want a way to get back at stock speeds whenever i want without reflashing the bios. Thats why i want a BFM solution,so that whenever i want stock speeds,i will load the stock BFM bios

20 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

This is not about my problem. My problem is that i already overclocked my xbox and with the overclock,there is a lot of lag over online play(since others have stock xboxes). So i want a way to get back at stock speeds whenever i want without reflashing the bios. Thats why i want a BFM solution,so that whenever i want stock speeds,i will load the stock BFM bios

how did u oc? with a bios?

15 hours ago, xicat487 said:

I'm going to honest what does BFM BIOS do vs the more widely used ones ? I have a set of them but never used any. 

Any reason why not to have a dual BIOS setup on a mod chip of your choice ready just for this situation ? Am I missing something ?

I cant have dual bios,since i use a TSOP and not a modchip

Edited by SakisTheDrifter

In short no. Without a mod chip the TSOP EEPROP will have to be flashed to return to stock speeds every time.

Of the chips I have used in order of my preference XblastLite Xxecuter 3 and then Open Xenium.

Long and shot power switch press or direct stored BIOS selection on startup makes this very easy.

If you can TSOP, a mod chips in my opinion is actually easier to do.

If you have a version 1.0-1.1 you can split the TSOP with a singe switch to have 2 BIOS's or a simple Aladdin chip, You have one BIOS on the TSOP and a different BIOS on the chip, If you power on with the eject button is loads the TSOP and power button loads the chip BIOS file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

You can't use a BFM BIOS to reconfigure the base hardware setup of the CPU, GPU and RAM.  A BFM BIOS does not have the startup code that allows for overclocking.  You have to boot a different non-BFM BIOS to go between different hardware startup configurations - overclocked or not overclocked.

Thus, you need a modchip that supports booting multiple BIOSes - OpenXenium is one; there are others.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, SS_Dave said:

If you have a version 1.0-1.1 you can split the TSOP with a singe switch to have 2 BIOS's or a simple Aladdin chip, You have one BIOS on the TSOP and a different BIOS on the chip, If you power on with the eject button is loads the TSOP and power button loads the chip BIOS file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thats what i wanted to do before even posting here for help,but the problems are that i have 3 xboxes so i dont wanna buy a chip for every console and also all of them have single bank tsops

On 11/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, KaosEngineer said:

You can't use a BFM BIOS to reconfigure the base hardware setup of the CPU, GPU and RAM.  A BFM BIOS does not have the startup code that allows for overclocking.  You have to boot a different non-BFM BIOS to go between different hardware startup configurations - overclocked or not overclocked.

Thats what i see.... i really hope that someone someday will make BFM bioses do that too,it would be really helpfull

3 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats what i wanted to do before even posting here for help,but the problems are that i have 3 xboxes so i dont wanna buy a chip for every console and also all of them have single bank tsops

OpenXeniums are pretty cheap to either build yourself or buy from someone, you should find them for ~$20. Or for about the same price you could build 5 yourself. 😄

3 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Thats what i see.... i really hope that someone someday will make BFM bioses do that too,it would be really helpfull

It won't happen because it needs to be done via Xcodes meaning it happens before BFM bios/kernel initialization. You can read some more about the Xbox boot process here https://mborgerson.com/deconstructing-the-xbox-boot-rom/

Edited by NightBreeze

15 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

You don't overclock a PC on the fly either.  You go into the BIOS change the settings and reboot the PC, run it through stress testing to make sure it doesn't crash.  If so, you boot back into the BIOS which uses standard operating settings (the Xbox's BIOS doesn't have a configuration page to do these overclocking changes) then make overclocking settings changes that are less stressful.  Repeat until it doesn't crash.

16 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You don't overclock a PC on the fly either.  You go into the BIOS change the settings and reboot the PC, run it through stress testing to make sure it doesn't crash.  If so, you boot back into the BIOS which uses standard operating settings (the Xbox's BIOS doesn't have a configuration page to do these overclocking changes) then make overclocking settings changes that are less stressful.  Repeat until it doesn't crash.

There are cpu that do it automatically on the fly. Also you can overclock a gpu on the fly without reboot

16 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

There are cpu that do it automatically on the fly. Also you can overclock a gpu on the fly without reboot

No one has written such an app to overclock the Xbox's CPU or GPU on the fly.  Permanent changes are made to the modified Xbox BIOS to configure the hardware during startup before the kernel is extracted/decrypted from ROM then loaded into RAM and executed - hardware is configured by the 2BL (second boot loader) code, not the kernel.

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

No one has written such an app to overclock the Xbox's CPU or GPU on the fly.  Permanent changes are made to the modified Xbox BIOS to configure the hardware during startup before the kernel is extracted/decrypted from ROM then loaded into RAM and executed - hardware is configured by the 2BL (second boot loader) code, not the kernel.

I got it,so i overclocked the gpu only and the game run at normal speed,so i guess i am gonna leave it like that. Thanks everyone for the help