OGXbox.com

what would you say is the best 2TB drive for OG Xbox

enter name here

I have WD black 2 tb's and Seagate 3tb's and have no boot issues

What BIOS are you using and what Dash?

What drive have you got along with what Sata to IDE adapter?

You are using a 80way IDE cable aren't you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I have WD black 2 tb's and Seagate 3tb's and have no boot issues

What BIOS are you using and what Dash?

What drive have you got along with what Sata to IDE adapter?

You are using a 80way IDE cable aren't you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i'm useing a WD wd2003fyys 2TB

i have the pricey red one sata to ide

i think it's a 80 it would not load if it was the old one would it?

unleash dash

not sure i bios it's tosp flashed

Did you make the 2tb drive yoursel and if so what install disk did you use?

I had a Xbox here that worked sometimes and slow booting and the problem was the stock IDE cable.

It could also be the DVD drive, try booting with the eject button and leave the DVD tray out and see what happens.

Did you partition the HDD using Xbpation 1.1 1st then reboot and then Xbpation 1.3 ?

Cheers

SS Dave

33 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you make the 2tb drive yoursel and if so what install disk did you use?

I had a Xbox here that worked sometimes and slow booting and the problem was the stock IDE cable.

It could also be the DVD drive, try booting with the eject button and leave the DVD tray out and see what happens.

Did you partition the HDD using Xbpation 1.1 1st then reboot and then Xbpation 1.3 ?

Cheers

SS Dave

i used the hexen 2018 disc i used Xbpation 1.3

You could try formatting the HDD with Xbpartion 1.3 again and this time set 6 and 7 1gb smaller than max, max will be 927.78gb each so make it 926.78gb for 6 and 7 

I have found sometimes I need to start with Xpartion 1.1 and set 6 and 7 to around 500gb each then reboot then set 6 and 7 to 900gb each reboot again then this time use the 1.3 version and set 926.67 each.

You could also reflash the TSOP with a BIOS file that you know supports a 2tb HDD, My goto is the EvoxM8plus_67.bin (256kb) then iND5004_67.bin (256kb)and last is the X2-5035_67.bin (512kb)

Cheers

SS Dave

24 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You could try formatting the HDD with Xbpartion 1.3 again and this time set 6 and 7 1gb smaller than max, max will be 927.78gb each so make it 926.78gb for 6 and 7 

I have found sometimes I need to start with Xpartion 1.1 and set 6 and 7 to around 500gb each then reboot then set 6 and 7 to 900gb each reboot again then this time use the 1.3 version and set 926.67 each.

You could also reflash the TSOP with a BIOS file that you know supports a 2tb HDD, My goto is the EvoxM8plus_67.bin (256kb) then iND5004_67.bin (256kb)and last is the X2-5035_67.bin (512kb)

Cheers

SS Dave

i think it's working better now the it was showing er on g and f but after formatting 6 or so times it now says 64

Good to here 

Now you can set about filling it up, I use FATXplorer as you can transfer 1.7gb in under 24 hours compared to FTP in 3+ days.

That's why I have too format in 3 steps sometimes as formating to 500gb set the cluster to 32kb then 900+ sets to 64kb 

Cheers

SS Dave

On 11/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, enter name here said:

what would you say is the best 2TB drive for OG Xbox? the one ive just put in my modded xbox sum time gets stuck on black screen other times takes a bit long to load dash

i have a wd black 2 tb drive(performance gaming drive) and a 3tb seagate barracuda 5400rpm in 2 separate modded xbox's. i have timed the boot up with a stop watch and there is 4 seconds difference between the 2. unleash x takes a while to load. set your default dash to xbmc4gamers and turn on fast game parsing and it will greatly speed up boot time. 

I usually go for Seagate 2TB drives. Model ST2000DM001 (the last digit might be different).

To reduce boot time, use an IDE-SATA adapter that doesn't add extra lag. Some do, some don't. I can recommend some good ones I use if needed.

Also, use an 80-wire cable. ChimericSystems has some custom made ones for Xbox that are the right length and orientation. https://www.chimericsystems.com/product/custom-xbox-ide-cable/