OGXbox.com

Xbox Dashboard /Games Won't Load

rjfony

When I turn on my Xbox, it gets stuck on the Xbox startup screen and never makes it to the dashboard. There is a flashing green light. It will not load games. When I eject the DVD drive via the paperclip hole, it then goes right to the dashboard and the green light stops flashing. It still won't load any games. Did my DVD drive fail?

It sounds like you have 2 problems

Is you Xbox hard modded(TSOP Flash, Modchiped) or soft modded?

If you power on the Xbox with the eject button and leave the drive open what happens?

Is the hard drive making more noise than normal?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

No mods. Its stock. When I power it on by pressing the eject button, they tray does not open. In this case, pressing the manual eject does not cause it to go to the dashboard. When I power it on with the tray ejected, the tray will retract. I cannot eject it and make it fo to the dashboard. It seems to only work when powering up by pressing the power button, then manually ejecting the tray.

The hard drive seems to be working. Game saves are still there. There is some music saved on the hard drive that will play.

Edited by rjfony

On 10/31/2020 at 5:48 AM, rjfony said:

When I power it on with the tray ejected, the tray will retract. I cannot eject it and make it fo to the dashboard. It seems to only work when powering up by pressing the power button, then manually ejecting the tray.

Leave a disc in the tray when you power it off.  Then power on the console with the Eject button.  what happens?

The eject mechanism belt needs to either be cleaned and shrunk by placing it in boiling water for a few minutes or replaced with a new one.

Post a picture of the empty DVD tray so we can identify the brand of drive installed in your Xbox.  Or, you can take a look here to determine which brand you have then let us know which it is.

It is a Samsung. When I power it on via eject button with or without a disc, it will not eject the tray. The belt is ok. I shrunk it a bit anyway. I have replaced the ribbon cable, and still no luck. I ordered a couple of xboxes from goodwill. Whenever they arrive I'll swap dvd drives. 

Edited by rjfony