OGXbox.com

absent minded mistake while recapping that cost me. a.d.d sufferers BEWARE!

bulkchart32

i was replacing the filter caps on a v1.6 psu. i was replacing caps the way i was shown to on youtube which is to put the new cap in and bend the legs down to hold it in while soldering. after all caps have been replaced then, go back and break the legs off. well, i didn't have one of the replacement caps so i had to reuse the old one so it didn't have the long legs on it. i forgot to go back and clip the long legs off the other ones and i put the psu back in the xbox. of course, it shorted out and fried my psu. i took the psu out of another xbox and put in this one to test it. the xbox mostly works fine but the tv volume now has to be turned way up compared to normal. so i may have messed up the motherboard too. so, if u have a.d.d. like me, try to be extra careful. just a friendly reminder. btw, if anyone knows a fix for my sound issue then please let me know.