OGXbox.com

Miscellaneus Questions About XBox

technoob

Posting various questions about XBox here, because I had a really hard time browsing for the answers as the search results gave different answers not matching the matters :

1) Is it ok if I play it for more than 2 hours a day or is there any risk any damage ? I know the temp must be kept between certain values, but I wonder what's your daily usage and the condition of your xboxes  just to know if I'm abusing of it or not.

2) can an XBOX360 run classic isos ? Should they be used in ISO-packed formats or can the same Hard Disk be used to load them with a (modded, maybe) Xbox360 ?

3) is there an emulator for PC (Windows) which can run XBox ISO's ? I've tried several ones but some of them have a really limited compatibility list, some others are just not fitted for my system (probably I'll update my hardware soon, so maybe a better PC is needed)

4) is there an emulator for XBox which can run PS1 games just like ePSXe does ? I mean... hardware graphic emulation (Pete's plugins and similar ones), save state ability, cheats, etc... just like ePSXe (great ePSXe player in here XD )

5 hours ago, technoob said:

1) Is it ok if I play it for more than 2 hours a day or is there any risk any damage ? I know the temp must be kept between certain values, but I wonder what's your daily usage and the condition of your xboxes  just to know if I'm abusing of it or not.

You can play as long as you like, I have left a Xbox running for days without any problems

2) can an XBOX360 run classic isos ? Should they be used in ISO-packed formats or can the same Hard Disk be used to load them with a (modded, maybe) Xbox360 ?

The Xbox 360 can play a limited number of OG Xbox game discs.

In my view if you want to play a OG Xbox game use a OG Xbox.

3) is there an emulator for PC (Windows) which can run XBox ISO's ? I've tried several ones but some of them have a really limited compatibility list, some others are just not fitted for my system (probably I'll update my hardware soon, so maybe a better PC is needed)

I tried one years ago it was cr@p. If you want to play Xbox game use a Xbox.

4) is there an emulator for XBox which can run PS1 games just like ePSXe does ? I mean... hardware graphic emulation (Pete's plugins and similar ones), save state ability, cheats, etc... just like ePSXe (great ePSXe player in here XD )

There is a PS1 emulator for the Xbox, if you want 100% compatibility use a PS1

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, technoob said:

Equipped with an xk3y, yes, many of them (Redump ISO on external HD).Otherwise, you'll need the original game discs (and you can't even install them on the 360's hard disk to reduce laser wear, AFAIK).

Edited by Arakula
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

#4 PS1 emulation in my experience is slow with a direct ISO rip. .cue or .bin is best for compatibility and speed. I have used PSX Reloaded but Retroarch has come along and I need to test that more.  Also a heavily modified 1.4ghz Xbox runs the games much smoother. Brave Fencer Musashi is unplayable without one.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:15 PM, blighty said:

2 hours is nothing, I left mine running 24/7 for nearly a month when they shut down Xbox Live V1 to continue playing Halo 2 online as long as I could. still works to this day.

Woah, didn't know the servers were still up a month after Live 1.0's execution date!  How many people were actually on during that post-mortem period? Could you still find matches a month out?