OGXbox.com

Hi Everyone

gLX

Hi all,

In all my years of modding consoles, it amazes me that I never hardmodded an OG Xbox. No longer.

In preparation for OG Xbox HDMI solutions releasing soon, the time was ripe for me to buy an OG Xbox. I collect (and play) consoles of all major manufacturers. Nintendo set is complete, all with HDMI output (except SNES), Sony set is complete, Sega set almost (missing sega saturn)... but my Microsoft set is lacking. I've had a 360 for more than 10 yeras, but this mis my first OG xbox.

I'm here looking for information, to learn about the community and be part of it. I bought an openxenium and am looking forward to installing and trying it out!

Have a nice day!

• Like 1

Hey guys, I acquired an original chipped xbox from my brother who gifted it to my son. He is crazy about playing games of all kinds. I saw another one that I picked up  several years ago for kicks and giggles with plans to chip it with the extra chipset that he gave me with it but just ended up as a backup in case the GOW Xbox every happened to not function. My son asked about soft-modding it, so I pulled it out and found that there were some issues of it not opening. I pulled it apart and saw a video where the clock cap was removed and took it out. I then noticed I had 3 popped capacitors and decided to give it a shot to replace those and started looking for caps. Not knowing what brand was good or which specific ones would work I searched and found my way here.

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy messing with stuff and modding. I think it's an addiction. I have my bikes totally tricked out and modded, then my car fell down that slippery slope and now has a rotrex 38-91 among several other mods, then the 360, and now this. Hopefully my son learns how to fix everything around him and improve upon things when the need arises. I'm just glad there are others finding this bug about the OG Xbox. Would be nice to get to know you guys and learn about what makes it all happen.

Cheers,

Saxjonz