OGXbox.com

Internally Water Cooled Xbox

Xjjunkie

I was thinking the same as sh0rtlife

Turn off the light show and maybe with the case open.

Still a good job as not many people have posted a working water cooled OG Xbox.

I did see some pics a long time ago and they had the radiator mounted where the PSU was but that's as far as it got.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 3:04 AM, Tartarus said:

I am looking into doing the same thing trying to decide how I want to handle the water blocks, I do have some ideas to do some tricky 3D printing though.. 

Did you ever figure out why your temps went back up

It's about due for a repast and fluid change. I'll recheck temps at that point. Might be a mounting or paste issue. Have not had any issues with it though

OK. Thanks to you fine folks here on OgXbox.com, I spent my entire day doing maintenance to this beast. I had a loose mount on the cpu block which was probably causing higher temps than expected. New fluid, thermal paste, and touched up some soldering. Temps are much better. 

IMG_20230103_164331065_HDR~2.jpg

I looked up some information to what processor was in this thing from what i found "Custom 733 MHz Intel Pentium III" so I decided to look up this processor and its idle Temps granted this probably doesn't apply quite the same to the Xbox

This is for PC

so I found a couple of articles from 2000 to 2002 people were asking what temperature they should be getting for that processor at idle some of them were also posting work load temperatures as well

this is what i thought was interesting people were saying not to pay too much attention to the temperatures viewed through stock components and or software and to use third-party devices+software 

anyway the point I'm getting at is you should probably use some other method of reading the temperatures of the cpu which looking back in the past I remember seeing people who did physically modify the console to display the temperature

now I've never done one of these modifications so I don't know how they're getting those temperatures, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say probably from a mod chip and they're pulling the information that way

I did notice that the Xbox sometimes was slow to update the temperatures

if any of this information is wrong feel free to correct me

Edited by Tartarus