Thoughts On This Tutorial.

i found this through reddit. i'm wanting to try it to get a bigger E drive but i'd have to erase the hdd of one of my xbox's and start all over again. so i'd rather not try this if it won't work. can someone tell me what they think about it. i'll be using a 2tb drive. 

Edited by bulkchart32

I tried it with a 3tb and I could not get more than 2.2tb.

When I set the E drive bigger the F or G drive could not be set to the normal maximum size.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I tried it with a 3tb and I could not get more than 2.2tb.

When I set the E drive bigger the F or G drive could not be set to the normal maximum size.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

were u able to get f&g close to the normal size minus the amount that a bigger E drive took from the 2.2tb?

2 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

were u able to get f&g close to the normal size minus the amount that a bigger E drive took from the 2.2tb?

When I set E to 50gb and C to 20gb X,Y,Z to 1 gb the best I gould set F to was 649 gb and 1tb for G. so I went backwards

I also noticed that XBMC4Gamers makes a Q drive the same size as E drive and that would have to come from somewhere.

And I lost F drive from the file explorer.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1
Just now, SS_Dave said:

When I set E to 50gb and C to 20gb X,Y,Z to 1 gb the best I gould set F to was 649 gb and 1tb for G. so I went backwards

I also noticed that XBMC4Gamers makes a Q drive the same size as E drive and that would have to come from somewhere.

And I lost F drive from the file explorer.

Cheers

SS Dave

ok. i probably won't do this then. thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

16 hours ago, TeleTubby666 said:

I tried it on on X2 5035 Bios and a spare HDD and it seems to work so far. 

Anything specific I could test to confirm the functionality?

In my testing you are just taking space from one drive F or G drive to make a bigger C and or E drive, you don't get any more storage space (A 2tb will give around 1.86tb and the max you get from a 3tb is 2.2tb).

Cheers

SS Dave

On 10/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, SS_Dave said:

The Q drive is a drive mapped to the path where XBMC or its variants' (XBMC4Gamers, XBMC-Emustation) default.xbe file is stored on the hard drive (e.g., E:\XBMC\default.xbe; making Q:\ equivalent to E:\XBMC).  The P drive is a drive mapped to the Profile directory. 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, SS_Dave said:

In my testing you are just taking space from one drive F or G drive to make a bigger C and or E drive, you don't get any more storage space (A 2tb will give around 1.86tb and the max you get from a 3tb is 2.2tb).

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes, of course you are not gaining any more space in total using this method. But in my setting I have all my apps, savegames, DLC etc stored on E whereas F is reserved for my games only.