OGXbox.com

Question About a Yellow Eject Led

bulkchart32

it's a v1.4 hard modded xbox. i had sonic heroes on pause for several hours while i watched tv and did other things(in other words, i was not watching the xbox screen to see if it shot an error code or something). i have the xbox sitting behind my tv so i don't see everything that it does. i looked behind the tv and a saw the the eject led had turned yellow. i shut the xbox off immediately because i feared it was overheating so i didn't look on the tv to see if it was displaying an error code. anyway, what causes the yellow led? btw, it was a solid yellow led, not flashing.

Edited by bulkchart32

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The closest solid led color is Red thats on my list and that is overheating

What happens on power on now?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

it works fine when i restart it. i think it has done this before. it seems to do it after it has been left on for a while.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What Dash are you running?

It maybe going in to screen save of some description

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i'm running xbmc4gamers. i have the screensaver turned off and i had a gaming running but paused the last time it gave me the solid yellow led.

Possibly there is a different config file that has a screen saver set as well.

I have a issue with the evox config file once before cause a conflict with the IGR so it might be worth a look.

Cheers

SS Dave

40 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Possibly there is a different config file that has a screen saver set as well.

I have a issue with the evox config file once before cause a conflict with the IGR so it might be worth a look.

Cheers

SS Dave

where would i find the config file for xbmc4gamers?

On 10/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, bulkchart32 said:

i had sonic heroes on pause for several hours

I have had that game paused for 3 hours now without any problems.

You don't have a wd green drive do you?

Cheers

SS Dave

48 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I have had that game paused for 3 hours now without any problems.

You don't have a wd green drive do you?

Cheers

SS Dave

no. in this particular modded xbox, i have a seagate barracuda 3tb drive. why do u ask?

The green HDD's are a power save and shutdown after not been used and because the Xbox had Cache drives that will cause a problem.

Some of the seagate drive's also have a Advanced power mode to save energy.

The drive in the Xbox that has been paused for 5+ hours now has a Seagate 3tb, Ver1.4, 128mb, HDMI out(component), and is connected to the home network.

As this Xbox is a XBMC4Gamers only( The only other daash is the MS dash) I have removed the evox.ini file from C drive

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The green HDD's are a power save and shutdown after not been used and because the Xbox had Cache drives that will cause a problem.

Some of the seagate drive's also have a Advanced power mode to save energy.

The drive in the Xbox that has been paused for 5+ hours now has a Seagate 3tb, Ver1.4, 128mb, HDMI out(component), and is connected to the home network.

As this Xbox is a XBMC4Gamers only( The only other daash is the MS dash) I have removed the evox.ini file from C drive

Cheers

SS Dave

can't all that power saving stuff be shut off in the settings menu of xbmc4gamers?

There is somewhere a hard drive spin down timer It might be worth having a look in the settings.

I can have a look in the morning a it's now 1:45am so I should get some sleep.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1