So I bought a cheapmod from ebay to try something different on a 1.6.  Soldered in the rebuild board and installed the chip, adding the one wire from the lower LFRAM via to pin 3 on the LPC header.  Won't boot from chip, and on top of that, installing the chip causes the LFRAM cut I made to then have continuity thus booting the stock TSOP chip.  I would think I screwed something up but I slapped my openxenium chip I have in my parts drawer and it works fine.  I've been looking at diagrams for 2 days now and can't figure it out.  Does Pin 4 need removed from the pin header I soldered in?  I've seen some guides that say Pin 4 can't be installed for this.

Screenshot_69.jpg

If you have cut the Lframe trace it will load the BIOS from the LPC port. You don't need to add any extra connections to it.

Can you post a pic of the LPC rebuild?

This is one of my LPC port rebuilds

326720438_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.dd71a840ce97d40d4267ae4c5cadf074.jpg

Where is has LFRAME to modchip you don't do this just cut the trace

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BlackIvan
      Hello to you all! I'm new here, so there are tons of things that I have to learn about my original xboxes. I've been modding them for like a year now and learned everything I know from forums like this one.
      Now I have a problem with my 1.6 Xbox. I bought it as non tested/spare parts, then found out it had a modchip installed and really only needed some good cleaning. The problem is the chip is a XenoFx, and I can't find enough informations about it anywhere. 
      I want to flash a newer bios on it to fully recognise my 250gb hdd, but it seems to be write protected. I tried everything powering it on: 1, 2, 5 seconds, holding the white button. The light is red and always on.
      Hexen2018 and 2020 can see it as a sst 49lf002a but can't erase it apparently. 
      Does this chip require some soldering on it to disable write protection? Or is it just not flashable? 

Sorry for the image quality, it's the only one I have at the moment. On the chip it says XenoFx www.xenofx.com

• By Tysonb
      Hi there,
      I am beginner in modding so correct me if im wrong.

I bought a xbox 1.6 with a x3 chip and x3 panel with lcd.
      I really dont know what the previous owner did but i think he fucked things up. When i start the xbox and pressing the white button the xbox doesnt boot config live..i also cant flash a bios with biosflasher through lan. 
      It is also impossible to start up hexen or rocky5..

Is there someone who can help me? My goal is to change the hdd.
    • By helltoast
      so I got a new Samsung SDG-605 drive and wanted to replaced the aging Philips on my 1.1 machine with it. except I'm having this weird problem with it.
      sometimes the Xbox hangs on the "xecuter rox my box" screen for a few seconds before booting. when that happens, the Samsung drive shows "init" rather than "empty" and won't read any discs. checking the system's settings tells me it's not recognizing the drive at all. I can get it to boot normally sometimes though, the drive works fine then.
      I've tried several things already, a different ide cable (even the stock one), power supply and cord, with and without the top case. formatting didn't help, either.
      I'm guessing it's either the ide to sata adapter (it's a startech) or maybe the cable needs to be in the correct orientation (blue on the board)? or did I get a dud drive?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.