OGXbox.com

Display Side Boxes

sh0rtlife

55inch visio running thru a Yamaha TSR-7850 is the setup, i just swapped out the head unit as the old yamaha was having issues where the sound would simply cut out and never come back

now heres the deal, the xbox is running xbmc4gamers, the gui  and all interfaces are displaying at 100% full screen , however the games so far everything ive tested looks "squished" and has "side boxes", ALL settings are set at 720@16,9@widescreen, yet im still getting the side boxes, im not so sure i had this issue with the previous head unit and if it wasnt such a massive PITA to swap them out i would

i know on the full mod wii i had the same issue but i dont remember how i solved it....but i know part of the issue required me runing it directly to the tv instead of thru the head unit

so what am i doing wrong to only have the side boxes when games are loaded but not when the main gui is running?..a setting im overlooking..but where is it?...or were these always there and i simply didnt notice till today?..whats got me puzzled and confused the most is that the entire gui has no black bars only the games....

im also running thru the newest version of pound link HDMI which after talking with customer service i got a guy to send me out the newest version and the quality has been stellar

after the past few months of life changes going down multiple surgerys within the imidiate family and a cancer pop up that resulted in amputation my brains fried i just need some vegitative gaming state without issues

Edited by sh0rtlife

sideboxes are normal, not all games run in full screen mode, you will get letterbox, don't worry.

try native 720p games and you will see.

if you passtrough hdmi trough receiver i'm sure you have to edit some settings there, and for sound is also the same, not sure if pound cable uses optical output for sound (via HDMI).

just check you settings with your receiver. and double check with your TV (aspcet ratio)

for sound check ARC hdmi port.

https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/tsr7850/en-US/317885323.html

https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/tsr7850/en-US/317713803.html

all major settings can be found in 'related' section.

Edited by prtscn