OGXbox.com

Blank Screen After Boot

TriniGamerENT

Sound like you have flashed a bios for an 1.6? From where you got the bios file?

If it's a 1.6 bios file only a modchip can help you to fix that. And only a Xenium, Xecuter, Aladdin Xblast and Xblast mod chips (if i'm right here) are able to flash a bad TSOP but with an normal  Aladdin or LPC2 mod chip you could use your xbox again (but you would not be able to restore the TSOP with these chips).  If you need a chip (in case it was a 1.6 bios) you should aim for an Xenium or Aladdin Xblast. Both aren't that expensive.

But again, from where is the bios and how have you falshed it? (I see you run out of posts as new member so PM me, in case of)

Where did the BIOS file come from?

Flashing orange is normally a over tempure thing with a solid orange led is set by the BIOS or software.

Have you tried to power on the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sound like you have flashed a bios for an 1.6? From where you got the bios file?

If it's a 1.6 bios file only a modchip can help you to fix that. And only a Xenium, Xecuter, Aladdin Xblast and Xblast mod chips (if i'm right here) are able to flash a bad TSOP but with an normal  Aladdin or LPC2 mod chip you could use your xbox again (but you would not be able to restore the TSOP with these chips).  If you need a chip (in case it was a 1.6 bios) you should aim for an Xenium or Aladdin Xblast. Both aren't that expensive.

But again, from where is the bios and how have you falshed it? (I see you run out of posts as new member so PM me, in case of)

Raincoat after someone suggested it because I want to slim the Xbox. First time and I have failed. Will Open Xenium chips work? I can’t seem to find the original one. I am from the Caribbean so the conversion rate is high. 8TT to 1US

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Where did the BIOS file come from?

Flashing orange is normally a over tempure thing with a solid orange led is set by the BIOS or software.

Have you tried to power on the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It’s a solid orange. 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:47 AM, TriniGamerENT said:

Greetings!

I used the evox_m8+67-NO-DVD.bin bios to flash my xbox and now when I boot there's a blank

screen and the dvd drive light is orange. What to do to fix that? I have a version 1.0 xbox.

Thank for any assistance.

i just recently had a problem where a xbox i was softmoding would go blank at certain times. the fix for it was that i changed the a/v connection to the yellow, red, and white cables. the weird resolutions don't work so well with component/hdmi cables alot of the times. try that to finish the set up and then u can go back to high def cables.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, SS_Dave said:

Do you have a working DVD drive?

And what hard drive have you got

Was the Xbox softmodded before?

Cheers

SS Dave

No it wasn’t. I softmodded then TSOP’d. The dvd drive stopped reading discs and I was told to use the aforementioned bios to fix it but it just boots to blue Xbox logo without any flabbergasted animation and pops to a blank screen. Sorry for the late reply. Covid-19 hit my family last week so I have been busy. 

On 10/25/2020 at 6:15 AM, bulkchart32 said:

i just recently had a problem where a xbox i was softmoding would go blank at certain times. the fix for it was that i changed the a/v connection to the yellow, red, and white cables. the weird resolutions don't work so well with component/hdmi cables alot of the times. try that to finish the set up and then u can go back to high def cables.

Where I am from not many people bought the original Xbox. My country is a PlayStation country sad to say. So the only cables I got with the Xbox are the ones that connect to the coaxial port on the tv. It really expensive right now to get high quality cables due to the pandemic raising prices of everything especially imports of minor electronic items. But hopefully I will get a hdmi adapter for internal by MakeHRz (hope I spelled that correctly) so I can use an hdmi output. 

Still love to mod though although it’s getting harder with the shit that’s going on in my country. 

Thanks for the information...

On 10/20/2020 at 7:47 AM, TriniGamerENT said:

Greetings!

I used the evox_m8+67-NO-DVD.bin bios to flash my xbox and now when I boot there's a blank

screen and the dvd drive light is orange. What to do to fix that? I have a version 1.0 xbox.

Thank for any assistance.

The console was previously softmodded. You need to boot Hexen 2018 and use the menu option 3.5.2 to clean the softmod from the C drive.  More often than not, the softmod does not work with a modified BIOS booting from a TSOP or modchip.

Note: If you have any other dashboards/apps installed on the C drive, back them up via FTP before using that option.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The console was previously softmodded. You need to boot Hexen 2018 and use the menu option 3.5.2 to clean the softmod from the C drive.  More often than not, the softmod does not work with a modified BIOS booting from a TSOP or modchip.

Note: If you have any other dashboards/apps installed on the C drive, back them up via FTP before using that option.

Tried but the dvd drive isn’t reading anything...

2 hours ago, TriniGamerENT said:

Tried but the dvd drive isn’t reading anything...

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns folder/content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

Will try when I get home from work later. Thanks for the information. 

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Use C-Xbox Tool or Qwix to extract HeXEn 2018's StockFiles/E/HexIns folder/content to your PC then upload using an FTP client to the Xbox's E drive. Next, in UnleashX's File Explorer browse to the uploaded folder's content and run root.xbe to use it.  

how is he suppose to do that if his screen is blank? also, is it possible that he flashed a bios to a sharp chip that was made for a winbond chip or vice versa?

On 10/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, TriniGamerENT said:

Raincoat after someone suggested it because I want to slim the Xbox. First time and I have failed. Will Open Xenium chips work? I can’t seem to find the original one. I am from the Caribbean so the conversion rate is high. 8TT to 1US

It’s a solid orange. 

the open xenuim chip is probably one of the best available right now. i'd recommend that chip if u can get it.

• Like 1

H

10 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

how is he suppose to do that if his screen is blank? also, is it possible that he flashed a bios to a sharp chip that was made for a winbond chip or vice versa?

Oops.  You are right, the replacement dashboard needs to be running to be able to FTP to the console.

Add the files (HexIns folder) to the E folder provided by XboxHDM23USB, run it by starting xboxhd.bat with Windows File Explorer. Use the menu to unlock the hard drive then Launch xboxdhm but key in - xbrowser - not xboxhd when prompted so you can copy the files to an unlocked HDD.  You need to have the backup of the configuration EEPROM file - eeprom.bin - so you can unlock the hard drive if you had not removed the locking password.

Xbox HDD connected to a PC via a compatible USB-to-HDD interface adapter.

It' a EvoxM8 and will be fine on a winbond, my bet is the old softmod is not playing nice with the TSOP flash and he has a dud DVD drive or a poorly made (fast burned) install disk.

Cheers

SS Dave