OGXbox.com

Aladdin Custom Bios Flash

HDShadow

Really just double checking I've done everything correctly before going ahead with the flash on an Aladdin XT Plus2 in a v1.2/1.3 Xbox.

115461378_CustomEvoxM8ALLF.NoDVD.png.6c1866b6c3827d58badf140b4e351fa2.png

It is an edited version of TruHeXEn's evox.m8plus.f.c.137.nodvd.bin.

Changed the Xbox logo etc to match the Aladdin red chip theme, might modify this later if it doesn't look good. Also thinking about designing and importing another EvoX logo - details on how to do that are included wit the EVTool but if anyone has any additional information on this please share.

Major changes are the boot priority:  C:\evoxdash.xbe is default but I've changed the other two as the other HeXEn ones used are not applicable. The C:\default.xbe is UnleashX v584 whereas my main dash is UnleashX v572. I wondered if that was sensible. If the C:\config.xml they'll both use was corrupted neither would work but I'm not keen about using a different location ie. F:\ as I tend to copy/delete more stuff on that than anywhere else.

Other significant change is the partitioning allocation. I don't envisage using any HDD bigger than 500GB and TBH I do not see the point of using a G:\ drive until it is actually required whatever the HDD size. So it made sense to change that to Partition 6 takes the rest of the drive instead.

Size is 256KB and nothing apart from the above has been changed.

I intend to use a dedicated EvoX v3935 dash for the flash rather than HeXEn simply because I do not want my dashboard messed around again as happened with the same unmodified BIOS TSOP flash I did on another Xbox.

Any general comments, obvious mistakes, problems? 

I meant to ask about that DVD setting too as I noticed that the TruHeXEn "nodvd" BIOS didn't fill that box. Is that really a fault with the BIOS settings? I assumed the reason was that without a working DVD drive that setting is irrelevant.

But I can see it as being a better choice to use a "nodvd" BIOS which will work normally with a working DVD should one ever be fitted. So thanks for that advice.

Just used that ^ BIOS template (thanks) and this is how the EVTool shows my customisations now:-

513359218_EvoxM8Plus_AllF.NoDVD.png.50e1ea9e72b998c08fc805ad3adec291.png

All good and ready to flash?

11 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

I meant to ask about that DVD setting too as I noticed that the TruHeXEn "nodvd" BIOS didn't fill that box. Is that really a fault with the BIOS settings? I assumed the reason was that without a working DVD drive that setting is irrelevant.

But I can see it as being a better choice to use a "nodvd" BIOS which will work normally with a working DVD should one ever be fitted. So thanks for that advice.

Just used that ^ BIOS template (thanks) and this is how the EVTool shows my customisations now:-

513359218_EvoxM8Plus_AllF.NoDVD.png.50e1ea9e72b998c08fc805ad3adec291.png

All good and ready to flash?

Yep and that BIOS works with a 3tb HDD

I untick the animation as it speeds up the booting.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

Used EvoX to do the flash and all went perfectly.

Interestingly the IGR that was not working at all when using the Aladdin's BIOS is now working too.

Only minor matter is that I didn't realise the Trade Mark Symbol was going to remain displaying in original green so I'm going to have to reflash with that option unticked as it doesn't look right with the red theme customisations I've used.

On the customisations issue I'd like advice on importing a replacement for the pink/purple Evo X logo. I've followed the advice supplied with the EVTool and now have a 128x128 DDS saved using the recommended A4R4G4B4 setting and no mip maps. But I'm not sure how it is applied - the Import Evox Logo button provides no indication whether the new icon has been applied or not.

I backed out as at this point I do not want to stuff up a BIOS reflash with possibly something not applied correctly.

6 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I backed out as at this point I do not want to stuff up a BIOS reflash with possibly something not applied correctly

Thats where a Open Xenium would help as if it stuffs up you have alternative way of booting the Xbox

I tried to make a logo for the EvoxM8 but I could not import it.

If you want to PM me the BIOS file I am happy to test it here for you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...