OGXbox.com

Wrong Bios On Crystal XBox 1.6 Think Ind Bios

Amarnl

I have a crystal xbox with a aladin Live chip. i modded it very long time ago now i want to give it to my kid and updated everything then flashed the bios before i know it it wont start up anymore.  i have eeprom and the hd is 250gb.

I have no old computer to prepare a new hd.

I have a other modded xbox with a aladin xt (not plus) but i dont know the what diffrent.

I have 4 xboxes 2 without working DVD drives, i bought them when they came out. (Softmodded)

Can i prepare a new hd in a other xbox.

i was trying to put bios chip from one modchip to another that did not work , dont know why bothe had evo x on them before.

Crystal xbox i try to repair is my first xbox so i really want to fix it. i have a backup of all the files on de hdd.

Please anybody have option to fix this. i live in the netherlands.

It's not the hard drive that needs to be fixed but the BIOS on the modchip.  Ind-bios is not compatible with a 1.6 Xbox?  

Are you sure the Xbox is a v1.6? 

Which Video encoder chip does it have installed: Xcalibur, Focus or Conexant?

You'll need to reflash the modchip with a different BIOS by hotswapping it on a working modchipped Xbox.

49 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It's not the hard drive that needs to be fixed but the BIOS on the modchip.  Ind-bios is not compatible with a 1.6 Xbox?  

Are you sure the Xbox is a v1.6? 

Which Video encoder chip does it have installed: Xcalibur, Focus or Conexant?

You'll need to reflash the modchip with a different BIOS by hotswapping it on a working modchipped Xbox.

Xcalibur its a 1.6, how to hotswap it? should i turn it on without bios chip in it it starts to default xbox dashboard

You got the other modded XBox which boots with its Aladdin. Right?

If so, check whether the Flash chips are the same on both machines (49LF020A, presumably).

If so, you can take out the bricked chip of the Crystal XBox, boot the other modded XBox, then take out the Flash chip there while it's running, insert the bricked one and flash it to a good BIOS (for the 1.6 XBox, that is) using Evolution-X. Then take out the (hopefully) unbricked chip, insert it in the Crystal XBox Aladdin and enjoy the result.

A bit hairy for my taste ... back in the 2000's, I had a programmer for the parallel port (Andy Green's Milksop design) for that purpose. Today, I use GALEP-III and IV programmers with a PLCC adapter for the XBox flash chips. Makes life much easier (but that would be a rather costly option for just one badly flashed 49LF020A).

You just need some tweezers.

1. remove the sst chip from the 1.6
  2. remove the sst from the other working Aladdin and the push it back just tight enough that all contacts make contakt.
  3. Make sure you have a 1.6 mutli bios (Attached :D ) in the "EvoX - Dash - bios" or the "Apps - X-Flash - bios" folder.
  4. Now boot the xbox. Start X-Flash or EvoX.
  5. Now when your are read to flash (in either EvoX or X-Flash) gently remove the SST from the socketwith your tweezers.
  6. Push the other SST in the socket and start the flash.
  7. Remove the SST and fit it back in the 1.6
  8. Fit the other SST back in the 1.4
  9. BE A HERO (For your Kids!)

Have fun

EDIT : X-Flash link (In case it's an 49LF020A or B) : https://1fichier.com/?dk4cd6i6t5k8ce0gvz2d

evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.nodvd.bin

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

7 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You just need some tweezers.

1. remove the sst chip from the 1.6
  2. remove the sst from the other working Aladdin and the push it back just tight enough that all contacts make contakt.
  3. Make sure you have a 1.6 mutli bios (Attached :D ) in the "EvoX - Dash - bios" or the "Apps - X-Flash - bios" folder.
  4. Now boot the xbox. Start X-Flash or EvoX.
  5. Now when your are read to flash (in either EvoX or X-Flash) gently remove the SST from the socketwith your tweezers.
  6. Push the other SST in the socket and start the flash.
  7. Remove the SST and fit it back in the 1.6
  8. Fit the other SST back in the 1.4
  9. BE A HERO (For your Kids!)

Have fun

EDIT : X-Flash link (In case it's an 49LF020A or B) : https://1fichier.com/?dk4cd6i6t5k8ce0gvz2d

evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.nodvd.bin 256 kB · 0 downloads

Thx wow I will try this later, thx for the details

2 hours ago, Arakula said:

You got the other modded XBox which boots with its Aladdin. Right?

If so, check whether the Flash chips are the same on both machines (49LF020A, presumably).

If so, you can take out the bricked chip of the Crystal XBox, boot the other modded XBox, then take out the Flash chip there while it's running, insert the bricked one and flash it to a good BIOS (for the 1.6 XBox, that is) using Evolution-X. Then take out the (hopefully) unbricked chip, insert it in the Crystal XBox Aladdin and enjoy the result.

A bit hairy for my taste ... back in the 2000's, I had a programmer for the parallel port (Andy Green's Milksop design) for that purpose. Today, I use GALEP-III and IV programmers with a PLCC adapter for the XBox flash chips. Makes life much easier (but that would be a rather costly option for just one badly flashed 49LF020A).

Yes it the same chip but i trying it to boot , it wont work after i did this now both modchipped xboxes are down, maby i touched someting the wires but its late beter do it tomorrow