OGXbox.com

Open Xenium Lcd Causing Issues.

madmon

I built myself a few open xeniums mainly to run a LCD on my 1.0. Everything does work but I'm having a strange issue with xenium os holding the wallpaper I selected and taking a few extra seconds to load my c or e partition when adding my .bins after reboot. It doesn't do it when the LCD is connected. Is this just the cpld being bogged down? Also noticed sometimes the LCD goes blank when playing games or navigating the menus. 

18 hours ago, madmon said:

I built myself a few open xeniums mainly to run a LCD on my 1.0. Everything does work but I'm having a strange issue with xenium os holding the wallpaper I selected and taking a few extra seconds to load my c or e partition when adding my .bins after reboot. It doesn't do it when the LCD is connected. Is this just the cpld being bogged down? Also noticed sometimes the LCD goes blank when playing games or navigating the menus. 

How big is your hard drive? 

If a larger HDD has been installed, what size are the F and/or G partitions? 

Is the DVD drive connected?

20 hours ago, madmon said:

It doesn't do it when the LCD is connected

So are you saying it is slower with or without the LCD

The X2 and iND bios's need to look at the HDD to read their respective configuration files and that adds a couple of seconds, I have found the EvoxM8plus to be the quickest especially when set  like this.

evoxM8.PNG.7e580048cc82032657e40995e80066be.PNG

With the iND and the X2 bios you can speed the load time a fraction by disabling the boot animation.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the DVD drive connected

Jesus. Okay clearly I forgot how to English in my original post. So in xenium os I'll select a wallpaper and when I reboot it reverts back to the stock wallpaper. When I go to select the wallpaper again I will have to select the wallpaper option, back out, reselect and then it will appear. The same thing happens when I am flashing bios to the banks. This doesn't seem to happen with my brothers 1.6 and only on my 1.0. 

1 hour ago, madmon said:

So in xenium os I'll select a wallpaper and when I reboot it reverts back to the stock wallpaper

Let's go 1 step at  a time do you mean the Open Xenium background 

Like this screen?

PXL_20201013_071636689.jpg.75f85a0a57e7385e2cdab09b6626c145.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

When you change the backdrop is it the correct size and resolution.

This is from Ryzee119 github

Skins require a 640x480 jpg file named backdrop.jpg with an associated Skin.cfg.
Skin.cfg configures the colour of the text, and menu objects etc. These lines represent a six digit HEX colour value. The comments in this example are provided for clarity only and must be removed before attempting to load the skin in XeniumOS.

An example might look like this:

9abcde //Text Box - Text Colour
9abcde //Text Box - Background Colour
9abcde //Text Box - Border Colour 
9abcde //Text Box - Text Selection Highlight Colour
9abcde //Menus - Text Colour
9abcde //Menus - Text Selection Highlight Colour
9abcde //File Explorer - Background Colour
80     //Top Menu - X Position
153    //Top Menu - Y Position
300    //Top Menu - Width
256    //Top Menu - Height
8      //Top Menu - No. Items to Display

Cheers

SS Dave

11 hours ago, madmon said:

Jesus. Okay clearly I forgot how to English in my original post. So in xenium os I'll select a wallpaper and when I reboot it reverts back to the stock wallpaper. When I go to select the wallpaper again I will have to select the wallpaper option, back out, reselect and then it will appear. The same thing happens when I am flashing bios to the banks. This doesn't seem to happen with my brothers 1.6 and only on my 1.0. 

Not what I asked!

I know what you asked but I need to know other information about your configurataion.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Is the DVD drive connected?

1tb HDD.

F takes up all the space G is not present. 

DVD drive is connected.