OGXbox.com

Halo Edition XBox Errors 07 and 09

LukeyMFE

So I’m not the most educated in terms of consoles or modding or repair so please bare with me here. I recently purchased a Translucent Halo edition Xbox on offer up to try and capture that good nostalgia hit that anything from that time does for me and got it for a killer price because of the fact that when it is booted on it errors out to either error 07 or 09. I have jumped down this rabbit hole time after time after time since buying this in trying to troubleshoot, isolate and address what the culprit or culprits are but for every solution I seem to find there I then another 20 questions. I have a very good feeling it is a faulty HDD but I’m not sure if it failed from age or possibly previous owner was trying to mod but the consistent factor and trial error I’ve gone through leads me to believe since it’s clicking that is my issue. Can anyone help me finally complete this project and help me make this the most meaningful console I’ve ever owned?

D9EEF6C7-6FAD-48E5-A38F-C4581E0562E6.jpeg

049080DD-DB00-4ADB-AD1E-01BD3621B624.jpeg

Edited by LukeyMFE

1 minute ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

If the hdd is clicking then its failed. Get yourself a modchip installed (open xenium or aladdin xt etc) and you can then replace the hdd

Thank you for the quickness. So I ran into other errors swapping HDDs from a few other xboxs I own and found that they are locked with a password or something to do with eeprom. Is that accessible with the method you suggested

1 hour ago, LukeyMFE said:

Thank you for the quickness. So I ran into other errors swapping HDDs from a few other xboxs I own and found that they are locked with a password or something to do with eeprom. Is that accessible with the method you suggested

Edited by LukeyMFE

25 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

Once you install a modchip that won't be a problem anymore. You install your new hdd and use an installer disk to format it, then install your dashboard of choice and apps, games etc.

Which one is most beginner friendly? I’m a fast learner so I’m confident things will not get messed up but am curious on your personal opinion 

Edited by LukeyMFE

You mean modchip? The open xeniums have extra features over aladdins such as the ability to have up to 4 different bios's, add on boards to allow lcd's and rgb led stuff whereas aladdins are a basic single bios chip.

If you mean installer disks I personally like auto installer deluxe but some people like hexen. 

Edited by ShinGoutetsu