OGXbox.com

Where To Buy 128mb 1.4ghz Xboxes

gentoo

I cant seem to find these anywhere, or if I see a friendtech pop up it costs $1,200.

I am from the us.

Technically an amature solder-er could upgrade the ram, but from what I understand there is an interposer board between a Pentium 3 -> xbox cpu socket so no ammount of soldering skills would fix this. All I can find about the interposer is a guy who is building one but have not seen any updates for about 6 months. Understandable with the current global situation. 

https://www.retrorgb.com/xbox-1-4-ghz-interposer-board-by-kekule.html -> https://ko-fi.com/chimericsystems

I understand these things are rare, and will continue to get rare-er until they are $10,000 + or just dont exist. Is there anyone who can sell a fully loaded system w/ cap replace, hdd upgrade, ram upgrade, cpu upgrade for a reasonable price? Is there development in this scene? Everything I have found pretty much stopped in 2018, then briefly flared when Chimeric Systems talked about an interposer board, and then died down likely due to the virus. 

Anyone have any ideas?

You will have to keep searching all the for sale sites.

I see  the odd 1.4ghz and some 1ghz boards popup occasionally  but most of the time they want to much for them or I am too late.

As for the interposer board I think it's getting closer but I would suspect there will be a shortage of P3 CPU's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat, I hear you. Unfortunately that’s sorta just how things are, these pieces are becoming quite the rarity and people that own these rarities can charge what they feel as they’re the ones holding them. I’ve been chasing a Friendtech for some time but I’d be after the 1480 for collecting/archiving purposes, same with a transparent X3CP !

Stay Vigilant friend ! As a fellow collector/modder, I can assure you there are multiple ways around paying ridiculous prices for real hardware but if you’re like me, save hard and invest. May be stupid prices but it’s probably the only chance you’d ever get to play with that kinda hardware, even with cheaper and more accessible options. 

I love it, so nostalgic 🤙🏻

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, nin1 said:

I bought mine from n64freak about 1 year ago, maybe used it at little as 10 hours. Capacitors for the processor are bulging badly! 

It's not how long you have used the Xbox that causes the caps to fail it's the age of the capacitors themselves, All elecrolitic capacitors are going to fail it is just a matter of when.

The caps in the Xbox can look and even test good and months later could start to fail.

Did you contact N64freak about the caps on your board?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 6 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, SS_Dave said:

It's not how long you have used the Xbox that causes the caps to fail it's the age of the capacitors themselves, All elecrolitic capacitors are going to fail it is just a matter of when.

The caps in the Xbox can look and even test good and months later could start to fail.

Did you contact N64freak about the caps on your board?

Cheers

SS Dave

Dave do you have a contact for trusty? I have one of his systems but I think the processor just took a dump. I was thinking of trying to BGA an exact processor to one of N64 freaks PCBs and see if I can fudge it but if trusty is willing to have a look id prefer that route first.