• Similar Content

• By meimar
      Hello all.
      I'm a new member of the forum and I have been playing around with the OG XBOx for a couple of years now. I never owned an XBOX before so my knowledge of the history is relatively limited. I do enjoy the versatility of the original XBOX, and I am amazed by the huge community and custom stuff that exists out there.
      Some of the machines I acquire (~40%) come with the modchip installed, but still have the original HDD. In the past, I removed the modchip because I could not find any info about it, and proceeded with a softmod, disk upgrade and so on.
      However, after I discovered this forum, I am having second thoughts and I am thinking maybe it is better to keep the modchip and follwo a differen approach.
      So, the question is, if there's an advanctage of the old modchips (probable Alladin II, I think) versus the more recent softmods. 
      thank you very much in advance! 
      Michalis
    • By madmon
      I have a xbox 1.0 here that fragged the day I got it. I thought "oh HDD probably died I'll just install a modchip". Well after installing said modchip I'm still met with 3 power cycles and the red and green lights with no error codes. Ive checked my soldering, checked that D0 is grounded, checked all caps, I cleaned the board after removing the clock cap, inspected traces for any signs of trace rot. Are there any caps that could go that just wouldn't show any sign of swelling or leaking that could cause issues?  
    • By k0mpresd
      gerber files for xblast lc4032 type modchip. program lattice with xladdin xblast svf. program 49lf080a with 512, 256, and xblast os = 1mb. tested, works. short s1 to boot 512kb bios, short s2 to gnd to boot 256kb bios. cheers, internet world. hope someone makes use of these files.   Please login or register to see this link.

Moderator Note: zippyshare file has expired. The file is no longer available from there.  However, see attachment to post below for a backup copy of it:
      Please login or register to see this link.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.