OGXbox.com

XBox 360 Memory Unit for Og XBox

Mainly the titel says it. I git a 360 today (pls don't throw old eggs at me for that :D ) which included a 512MB and a 256MB MU and i wonder if it would be possible to get one of those working on an OG XBox. Looks like both have a 5 pin design so there can't be that much of a different (except for the little "spacer" in the middle)?

• Like 1

Why i got my self an xbox 360 or why i want to if that would work?

1) I like consoles and was still missing an XBox 360. 

2) Because i would like to now that because it could become usefull in case of softmodding if you just mod a pad to fit the MU in it or mod an old MU with a MU from an 360 in it. And it`s also easyer to get a 360 MU instead of a compatible USB stick or an original classic MU, of which i own one but hey, it would be still pretty cool of that would work.

3) Why not, right?

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Why i got my self an xbox 360 or why i want to if that would work?

1) I like consoles and was still missing an XBox 360. 

2) Because i would like to now that because it could become usefull in case of softmodding if you just mod a pad to fit the MU in it or mod an old MU with a MU from an 360 in it. And it`s also easyer to get a 360 MU instead of a compatible USB stick or an original classic MU, of which i own one but hey, it would be still pretty cool of that would work.

3) Why not, right?

you can try soldering wires according to usb wiring diagram it should work.

• Like 1

It should work. Both the original Xbox and 360's memory units are just USB drives formatted to FATX. Just make sure to look up wiring diagrams so you're sure which wire goes to which pin (and that they're using the same voltage rating).

By the way, if you're just looking to have a high-capacity memory unit on the original Xbox, consider modding a memory unit and putting a usb flash drive in it like I did. Here's my 4GB MU:

9yNQgTil.png

• Like 4

It should work and to say you have done it would be good.

I have also tested a PSP in USB mode and that works just as good as a memory card and there is also using a old Ipod and a rooted android as a memory card method 

I still have my original memory card with the 007AUF BIOS flash mod files that I can flash the TSOP with

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

It should work. Both the original Xbox and 360's memory units are just USB drives formatted to FATX. Just make sure to look up wiring diagrams so you're sure which wire goes to which pin (and that they're using the same voltage rating).

By the way, if you're just looking to have a high-capacity memory unit on the original Xbox, consider modding a memory unit and putting a usb flash drive in it like I did. Here's my 4GB MU:

I have considered to do a USB stick mod but the problem is now days to find one that's working with the xbox. And because i have two of these XB360 MU, which came with the XB360 i bought, i would like to give it a go. I though anyone already has tried it so i guess, i will be the first here.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It should work and to say you have done it would be good.

I will try it it later the day and report back if the XB360 MU work but for now i need way more coffee.

@allteaglich : Thanks for the link. :)

EDIT: I see i need a voltage regulator for my plan so i need to get one of these first (Dave could you drop one on the carpet pls?).

So i will order from mouser totay cause is also need some caps.

And maybe a stuppid question. A simple resitor (which i have here) wouldn't work just to figure out if this works or not?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

13 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

9yNQgTil.png

what flash drive did u use? i know it is tricky to find one that the xbox likes.

6 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

what flash drive did u use? i know it is tricky to find one that the xbox likes.

"SanDisk Cruzer Blade". 4GB is the largest size the original Xbox supports. I'm not sure if you can get larger sizes and just format it to 4GB, but I would recommend just getting a 4GB (or smaller) stick to be safe. Smaller size sticks are actually getting harder to find these days.

Here's one on ebay for example https://www.ebay.com/itm/254732627087

• 2 years later...
On 10/8/2020 at 1:19 AM, GoTeamScotch said:

9yNQgTil.png

Can you tell how you update the XBOX 360 512Mb memorycard with Flash-memory like 4Gb or so? In the pictures it's a bit confused what is original memory and what is external? My email is [email protected]

4 minutes ago, Olsa said:

Can you tell how you update the XBOX 360 512Mb memorycard with Flash-memory like 4Gb or so? In the pictures it's a bit confused what is original memory and what is external? My email is [email protected]

Maybe you could provide the scheme of install the flash memory inside the original memory card with pinnings with flash-memory?