Does This Look Familiar?

It looks like a executor 2.1

The chip will have 2 X 512kb banks

the 3 switches is a chip disable (boots the stock bios), a flash protect and bank 1 or 2

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

The fact it's a version 1.0 and has a modchip makes it not a bad deal. As for the price that depends on where you are and what size HDD and the controllers type.

Around here (Australia)$40 is the starting price for a Xbox chipped with wires (AV Lead and Power cable) and a controller and maybe a game or two.

If it was mine I would TSOP flash it and keep the chip for a version 1.6

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Can or have you tested the Hexen disk in a different Xbox?

When making the Hexen disk did you burn it as slow as possible on to a DVD-r disk?

Also check the switches to make sure the modchip is set to enabled.

Cheers

SS Dave

Philips DVD drive? In my experience (and testing) as they age they often still read original games discs right up to the moment they don't. They stop booting burned discs or to be more precise: stop booting them consistently, much earlier.

To test this and as a solution just swap in a disc drive from one of your other Xboxes which doesn't have any trouble booting the HeXEn disc.

4 hours ago, mattison1986 said:

Any suggestions on what bios to use with this chip set?

I have a liking to the EvoxM8plus.67 bios followed by the iND5004.67 as both support up to a 3tb HDD 

The iND bios needs a config file on the HDD to set it's parameters compared to the EvoxM8 is set by a PC app then reflashed to the chip.

With that chip you need to flash both banks at once with a 1meg image.

Cheers

SS Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By geohunk
      Hi guys,
       I can confirm that this device works if you want to make a one to one clone of your XBOX Sata HDD:
      ORICO 6629US3-C-V1-US-BK USB3.0 to SATA Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station

I was able to successfully clone my my 1TB WD HDD for backup purposes: 

Cloned that with the same exact model.  The actual amount of storage used was a little over 700 GB and took under 4 hours. Plugged the cloned HDD in and worked like a charm no issues.

Great thing about it is the offline cloning function...so no need to connect it to your PC. 
    • By calebTree
      I grabbed a Kernel file from this page and I flashed it with XBlastOS.
      Does the kernel have to match the original kernel? 
      What is the kernel relative to the BIOS? Normally kernel and BIOS are two very different components of a computer. I shouldn't have been able to flash the TSOP with the kernel correct?
      How are those kernels meant to be used?
      I was looking for the default BIOS.
      Thanks

• By RunningRiot
      Hello people of OGxbox.com It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance. 
      I recently picked up this crystal XCM with display, Executer bios chip modded xbox from an electronics receclying center. When I saw it, it caught my eye and it was in being sold as "As-is for parts or repair" because they couldnt figure out how to boot it up. I thought it would be a fun project to get it working again. When i picked it up I had no idea it had a mod chip and I was perplexed by the buttons on the case (and still kind of am). But anyway I figured out how to flash the bios and now have it running XBMC.
       I found this forum by googling Xbox XCM case to try and find out more about it. I came across this thread. 
      https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/876-xcm-third-party-shells-xbox-custom-mods/
      I was intrigued by this line "Finding an XCM shell in worthy condition (Not cracked or Yellowed) is hard to find nowadays and can fetch for a high price."
      So i did a little more research and found another post on this forum which I am unable to find again of people talking about price tags for these being around 500$ and one user was willing to pay "top dollar" for a red or a crystal one. I thought that was pretty cool that I had something that seems to be rare. 
      But even more interesting is I could only find one picture on the internet of an XCM shell with these buttons and the LCD display. which makes me curious of the value since people are talking about ~500$ for one without the display.
       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-PAL-Xbox-with-XCM-Red-Crystal-Top-Case-Xblast-230V/402526075343?hash=item5db86c79cf:g:RrgAAOSw6rZfnmmR
      https://amp.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/comments/b389fb/xcm_aftermarket_shell_value/
      So I am curious what is the value and rarity of this style in this condition? Also what exactly are the buttons for on the left? From what i gather they have something to do witht the bios memory banks? 
      Thank you very much.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.