OGXbox.com

Does This Look Familiar?

mattison1986

The fact it's a version 1.0 and has a modchip makes it not a bad deal. As for the price that depends on where you are and what size HDD and the controllers type.

Around here (Australia)$40 is the starting price for a Xbox chipped with wires (AV Lead and Power cable) and a controller and maybe a game or two.

If it was mine I would TSOP flash it and keep the chip for a version 1.6

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Can or have you tested the Hexen disk in a different Xbox?

When making the Hexen disk did you burn it as slow as possible on to a DVD-r disk?

Also check the switches to make sure the modchip is set to enabled.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Philips DVD drive? In my experience (and testing) as they age they often still read original games discs right up to the moment they don't. They stop booting burned discs or to be more precise: stop booting them consistently, much earlier.

To test this and as a solution just swap in a disc drive from one of your other Xboxes which doesn't have any trouble booting the HeXEn disc.

4 hours ago, mattison1986 said:

Any suggestions on what bios to use with this chip set?

I have a liking to the EvoxM8plus.67 bios followed by the iND5004.67 as both support up to a 3tb HDD 

The iND bios needs a config file on the HDD to set it's parameters compared to the EvoxM8 is set by a PC app then reflashed to the chip.

With that chip you need to flash both banks at once with a 1meg image.

Cheers

SS Dave