OGXbox.com

Thank God for Small Miracles

dcChiz

I guess I should have posted here first.   My first softmod job was a 1.0 Bert and Ernie.   That Xbox had a non-modded LG DVD in it.   At the time, you couldn't upgrade a softmod hard drive.

I come from the PS1 mod chip era, and spent a lot of time in the Dreamcast community.   The Xbox was the next logical step that blew the doors wide open.

Fast forward to last year.   I bought six consoles with various hardware problems (Samsung stuck trays, Philips and Thompson drive failures, caps etc..) and jumped back on the net to look up X-S and get my bearings back.   I was shocked that it was gone. 

I found Rocky5's softmod package, watched some Youtube videos, and was literally blown away by how far things have come.

Xbox isn't a niche console like the Dreamcast.   It's a fantastic piece of hardware that has much promise.   Here's hoping I can donate some info along the way.

Cheers and thanks for having me.

Understandable.   The original font exploit was pretty messy.   I remember recovering from the boot loop on more than one occasion.   These days with the ability to order online, a mod chip is so much easier to obtain.   When Lik Sang went down, I cried many tears.   Lol.