OGXbox.com

Games Series Which Are Different On XBox Than On Ps2 / Gc

technoob

Practically I have to acquire a certain game (Tenchu - Return from Darkness)... which could be (I'm not sure) the same as "Tenchu -  Fatal Shadows" for PS2... but I'm not sure, so has anyone played this game to know if there's anything different than the PS2 version (like... new chars, new missions, new story, new gameplay etc...) ?

Also, is there any game/series which is relevantly different between the Xbox and the 6th gen counterparts versions (PS2 and GC, if I'm not missing any other console like... the Gizmondo! lol, jk with this one)

yeah, a lot.

some graphically, framerate stability, some are same story but level design is different (splinter cell), 720p, 480p. Also, xbox has superior sound.

splinter cell series, gap between ps2 and xbox is insane, it's like comparing two console generations.

fifa series

gta series. - graphically, gta 3 and vicecity graphics are best on xbox, since PC versions are ps2 ports. GTA sa is xbox port to pc.

many, many other games

pretty much every game that is properly developed on xbox.

xbox was a beast, but few games used it's full power.

• Like 2

Tenchu: Return From Darkness is a great game on the Xbox. Love it.

The original version released earlier on the PS2 is Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven. Fatal Shadows was the PS2 (main console) only sequel to that.

Return From Darkness has "Changes in the Xbox port included graphical improvements, two new multiplayer characters, two new single player missions, extra special moves, and the ability to go online with the versus and co-op multiplayer modes.".

After originally playing Wrath Of Heaven close to when it first came out I decided to replay the game only a couple of years ago and used Return To Darkness version instead because of the extra content and better graphics. Managed to get Master Assassin, all characters and in all missions on the hardest difficulty - really enjoyable, adrenaline pumping and very tough game. If you like stealth and have the patience it demands it is an essential play.

Tenchu HD Intro

Good to see Rikimaru is wearing his C-19 face mask but he and Ayame should be put on the naught step for breaking the 2m rule and mixing with people outside their bubble. :)

• 2 months later...

Soul Calibur II on the Xbox is a huge leap over the PS2 and GameCube versions.

The native 720p graphics and in-game Dolby Digital 5.1 audio makes it the ultimate version, even if it runs in 4:3 at this resolution, instead of 16:9 in 480p.

The audio holds up even when compared against the Soul Calibur II HD Online remaster on Xbox 360 and PS3, where the audio there is limited to only stereo.

The three GTA games (III, Vice City, San Andreas) is another good example.

I am a latecomer to the series, and my very first GTA experience was actually GTA V on the PS4 Pro.

I then decided to check out the early games on PS2 and was very, very unimpressed.

Fast forward to half a year ago where I finally got my hands on an Xbox, and decided to give these three games another try and was very, very impressed.

Installing the 720p patch for Vice City makes it look brand new, especially on widescreen and with trails disabled.

On 10/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, HDShadow said:

Tenchu: Return From Darkness is a great game on the Xbox. Love it.

The original version released earlier on the PS2 is Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven. Fatal Shadows was the PS2 (main console) only sequel to that.

Return From Darkness has "Changes in the Xbox port included graphical improvements, two new multiplayer characters, two new single player missions, extra special moves, and the ability to go online with the versus and co-op multiplayer modes.".

After originally playing Wrath Of Heaven close to when it first came out I decided to replay the game only a couple of years ago and used Return To Darkness version instead because of the extra content and better graphics. Managed to get Master Assassin, all characters and in all missions on the hardest difficulty - really enjoyable, adrenaline pumping and very tough game. If you like stealth and have the patience it demands it is an essential play.

Tenchu HD Intro

Good to see Rikimaru is wearing his C-19 face mask but he and Ayame should be put on the naught step for breaking the 2m rule and mixing with people outside their bubble. :)

well I know that game well, gran master on all levels, all layout (normal difficulty, though). yeah it takes a lot of patience, but the game is so stylish it's all deserved.

I've also mastered the first layout on the Xbox version, but I must say I don't know if anything is really better. I've noticed some badly compressed textures here and there, but I say the shaders and graphic models look quite different (they look flatter on the PS2 version). I'm just disappointed that the game has only two new missions, nothing else. I've also noticed they did quite a strange mix of unlockable moves, while the adaptation of the story to new missions looks kinda weird (but I really didn't care too much about it). Maybe I'm not seeing any real improvement than the PS2 version because my AV cable is for low resolution, I'll maybe check that.

About masks, meh. People don't see the positive side of being Covid-negative: to wear a ninja mask.  Feels like living in a Naruto village.

• Like 1