OGXbox.com

Problems With Modded 1.6 (Aladdin)

Zeno

I recently bought a Xbox Crystal edition with 1.6 revision board. I’m told the HDD has been upgraded to a 7200RPM 160gb seagate drive and it has an aladdin XT mod chip. It worked fairly well for a couple of days, crashing once or twice and showing error code 07 or 21 a couple of times. I have some tolerance for this kind of thing from old hardware. This morning, however, it was a nightmare to get working. Error codes 07 and 21 came up (mainly 07). It booted up a couple of times operating very slowly and not recognising the HDD. The times I have got it working, games have crashed after about 20 minutes claiming that the disc is damaged even though running from HDD. Any ideas!?!

Edited by Zeno
Font was too dark!

It is sounding like the hard drive is just about dead

Error 7 is a HDD not recognised.

It is has a modchip you can fit a new HDD and use a install disk to setup the new hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That is true: there were a lot of 160GB IDE HDD being sold "As New" three or four years ago which were supposed to have come from PVRs which had never been used.

I bought a pair of those at one time and the first was genuinely almost unused but the other reported big power on times/counts and failed after a few days use. Quickly sent a replacement though which was good. Still using both.