OGXbox.com

Hi

yoyixms

Hello yoyixms

Welcome to ogxbox.com

You will not be sorry you have now got yourself a OG Xbox. You just have to keep an eye on them as they seem to multiply 

This is about 1/3 

1941039953_Xboxstack.jpg.d493524d23de71280a2136cb1f7fa8d0.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RetroEmulationNation said:

Haha

Depends on why you bought it I guess?

I just got my Xbox a month ago, and I love tinkering with it. Got me to like it will enough to pick up an Xbox 360 a few days ago 😊

I did the same but in a different order: I bought my Xbox 360 a month ago and now the og Xbox :)

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Hello yoyixms

Welcome to ogxbox.com

You will not be sorry you have now got yourself a OG Xbox. You just have to keep an eye on them as they seem to multiply 

This is about 1/3 

1941039953_Xboxstack.jpg.d493524d23de71280a2136cb1f7fa8d0.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I think I know what you mean. I just got the first one and then started immediately checking on eBay for more! 

24 minutes ago, yoyixms said:

I was reading about this capacitor time bomb. Seems that my Xbox is a 1.5 (not really sure yet) means I have to remove it right?

If your Xbox is a version 1.6 there is no need at this stage to worry about removing the clock cap but the versions 1.0 -1.4 it should be removed ASAP.

You might have noticed I did not mention a 1.5 because it's the same as unicorn poop(non existent).

Cheers

SS Dave

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If your Xbox is a version 1.6 there is no need at this stage to worry about removing the clock cap but the versions 1.0 -1.4 it should be removed ASAP.

You might have noticed I did not mention a 1.5 because it's the same as unicorn poop(non existent).

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok so it's not a 1.5 then :)

Is there any way to know it exactly with that information? I'm not sure yet...

20200930_195253.jpg

20200930_195216.jpg

20200930_195607.jpg

A version 1.0 fas a small fan on the small heat sink next to the main heat sink and a 12 pin power connector

A version 1.1 has does not have the small fan and still has the 12 pin power connector

The version 1.2-1.3  has a 20 pin power connector and a version 1.4 has the same but the video chip near the AV port is made by Focus.

Lastly the version 1.6 has a 20 pin power connector but the main board is missing the extra ram locations and the TSOP chip is also not there.

The red circle (bottom left) is the clock cap location on a version 1.0 -1.4 that needs to be removed

A version 1.0 board

PXL_20200930_201555427.jpg.d0314fe9690d39b70d0bed81d171dba1.jpg

A version 1.6 board

PXL_20200930_201056303.NIGHT.jpg.c4a8623c20f27e8749e41e2d5773e2ca.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

14 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

A version 1.0 fas a small fan on the small heat sink next to the main heat sink and a 12 pin power connector

A version 1.1 has does not have the small fan and still has the 12 pin power connector

The version 1.2-1.3  has a 20 pin power connector and a version 1.4 has the same but the video chip near the AV port is made by Focus.

Lastly the version 1.6 has a 20 pin power connector but the main board is missing the extra ram locations and the TSOP chip is also not there.

The red circle (bottom left) is the clock cap location on a version 1.0 -1.4 that needs to be removed

A version 1.0 board

PXL_20200930_201555427.jpg.d0314fe9690d39b70d0bed81d171dba1.jpg

A version 1.6 board

PXL_20200930_201056303.NIGHT.jpg.c4a8623c20f27e8749e41e2d5773e2ca.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Thank you for the images! I will try to remove it this weekend and then give you all an update whether it survived or not ;)

Yes the golden capacitor is the clock cap and it is a better quality one but i would still remove it as it won't be long before it starts to leak.

The board is a version 1.4 and the modchip is a aladdin.

I would reflash it with the EvoxM8plus.67.bin or you could also use the iND5004.67.bin both support up to a 3tb hard drive.

I am not sure what the blue wire is for, I am thinking that due to a bad solder joint is going to a ground somewhere.

Cheers

SS Dave

14 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes the golden capacitor is the clock cap and it is a better quality one but i would still remove it as it won't be long before it starts to leak.

The board is a version 1.4 and the modchip is a aladdin.

I would reflash it with the EvoxM8plus.67.bin or you could also use the iND5004.67.bin both support up to a 3tb hard drive.

I am not sure what the blue wire is for, I am thinking that due to a bad solder joint is going to a ground somewhere.

Cheers

SS Dave

Where do I find a good tutorial/bin files for this? 

5 minutes ago, yoyixms said:

Where do I find a good tutorial/bin files for this? 

There is no one site or TUT that I would say is going to teach you everything. Your best bet is to ask questions as most Xbox modders are happy to give advice.

My knowledge comes from years of modding and working out what works for me.

This is a link to a BIOS flash program and the BIOS files I use on a regular basis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ng8g2zsgi10sm/Raincoat flash.rar?dl=0

Unzip and FTP to your Xbox then run the default.xbe file, for your version 1.4 I would use either the EvoxM8 or the iND5004

If you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

SS Dave

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

There is no one site or TUT that I would say is going to teach you everything. Your best bet is to ask questions as most Xbox modders are happy to give advice.

My knowledge comes from years of modding and working out what works for me.

This is a link to a BIOS flash program and the BIOS files I use on a regular basis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ng8g2zsgi10sm/Raincoat flash.rar?dl=0

Unzip and FTP to your Xbox then run the default.xbe file, for your version 1.4 I would use either the EvoxM8 or the iND5004

If you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

SS Dave

So I flashed iND5004. Seens to be working because the boot screen changed and the front button light when booting (before it was red, now green). Other than that I do not see any difference :) . Is there anyhing else would you recommend me to change?. Another question: what does it mean that the HDD is locked?

On 10/4/2020 at 4:46 AM, yoyixms said:

Another question: what does it mean that the HDD is locked?

The locked Hard drive is part of M$ method of stopping you from modding the Xbox, Because the drive is locked to the motherboard it can only be accessed by that motherboard 

it was also part of the Xbox Live checking be cause the stock Xbox BIOS can only boot from a locked HDD.

With a modchip or TSOP flash the Xbox will work 100% with the HDD unlocked, The bonus with this is if you have 800 + games to transfer you can now connect your unlocked HDD to a PC and even a slow PC can fill a 2tb drive in under 24 hours, Or once you have a HDD setup the way you like it you can use a stand alone HDD cloner to make a extra HDD as an example a full 2tb WD black can clone in 4 hours.

A softmod Xbox the HDD needs to be locked as the motherboard BIOS will only work with a locked HDD

I run all my Xbox Builds HDD's unlocked.

Is there anyhing else would you recommend me to change?

I would recommend you use a minimum 1tb HDD with a Startech Sata to Ide adaptor and a 80 way IDE cable

I would suggest you test different dash's and find one you like, for me it's XBMC4Gamers then Origins and both are loosely based on XBMC (Xbox Media Center)

So I flashed iND5004

I would suggest you but the config file on root of the C drive

Rename it to ind-bios.cfg then FTP it to C drive

ind-bios.txt

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, yoyixms said:

How do I unlock it?

I use Xblast to unlock hard drives 

XBlast OS.xbe

FTP to C drive the use file explorer to run it.

You can also adjust the video output (NTSC 480.720, Widescreen), fan speed, and other settings.

Cheers

SS Dave