OGXbox.com

Some Sega Games Just Don't Work

KingShulgi

Hi all

got several Sega games that I just can't get to load from my HDD.

most notably Jest Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gunvalkyrie.

I know they all have an issues with the v.1.6 but I`m using a tsop V.1.4 with an up to date UnleashX as main  dashboard.

for each game I have tried different sources of ISO's and Redumps but all versions act the same way. the game Freezes on Sega logo (Jest Set) or when loading first level (Gunvalkyrie, Panzer)

tried to load them trough different dashboards (XBMC4GAMERS, emustation etc) to no avail.

been reading all relevant discussions and couldn't find another example of this problem, nor a solution,  so it must be something with my console's configuration.

any ideas?

some pics of my board and settings

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iEzaFfu6n2dcFvgp8

any help will be appreciated, been struggling with this for quite some time now.

Tnx!

Edited by KingShulgi

Here is a quote  from reddit

JSRF and Fable work on any 1.6 Xbox, just takes some menu fiddling. I personally tried this to play JSRF and it looks/plays great! Here's a guide from this racketboy thread:

Xcalibur Xbox 1.6 Console 480p Solution For Problem Games

1. Power up the Xbox without a disc inserted, wait for the console Dashboard Menu.

2. Pressing both Stick Buttons and both Triggers selects either 480i or 480p; choose 480i.

3. The console Dashboard Menu screen has to be displayed in 480i.

4. Go to the Video Settings section and enable 480p for the game disc.

5. Insert the game disc, it will witch to 480p mode.

And here is the main topic, scroll down a bit and you will find it. :

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=755098.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Tnx bro. As i noted above,  I am aware of this 1.6 issue but i am running a 1.4 machine so loading those games  shouldnt be a problem (?). Tried all the 480p  1.6 solutions just for hacks as well but nothing seems to work.

Another thing, my games just freeze and won't load while 1.6 users report pixelated and blurry graphics.

Tnx so much

Oh i miss read that. Mea culpa.

I don't have them on my hardrive but i have them on my pc so i will copy them quikly over and see if they run on my TSOP'ed 1.4.

And I have a patched xbe for Gunvalkyrie and one for Jet Set Radio Future maybe it's a worth a shot?

Have you also tried to burn an ISO and rip it your self or at least to run it strait from an burned DVD?

EDIT 1: You should disable 1080i and enable 720p. 1080i mostly cause problems.

EDIT 2 : Gunvalkyrie works fine on 720p without a patch.

Edit 3 : Jet Set Radio Futureworks fine in 720 witout a patch.

Edit 4 : And finaly Panzer Dragoon Orta works also fine with 720p.

I use unleashed as well with an iND 5004 bios. And i guess the 1080i setting on your xbox cause the problem. So no need for the patches (removed them). SO like i wrote, disable 1080i in Unleashed and the MS Dash and enable 720p instead and see if your able to run the games. I bet they will. ;)

IMG20200929123452.jpg

IMG20200929123642.jpg

IMG20200929124650.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

ok. disabling 1080 doesn't change anything. the games keep on freezing as before.

will try the dvd option next ( as soon as I will lay my hands on an empty media) but I doubt it will make a difference.

btw, all other games works perfectly from HDD. 

here are some of my setting, maybe the fault is here somewhere? 

could it be related to my tsop model? 

I am running out of ideas :) 

1892996908_WhatsAppImage2020-09-29at19_50.42(1).thumb.jpeg.b1f2f50d7f7a25e5ac59f1ad32d69596.jpeg225860127_WhatsAppImage2020-09-29at19_50_43.thumb.jpeg.26f50e16586f49c2c47c737858a8aef6.jpeg899547323_WhatsAppImage2020-09-29at19_50.42(2).thumb.jpeg.19a7c7bdb60a956fdbc54a196187bb5c.jpeg1394424489_WhatsAppImage2020-09-29at19_50_42.thumb.jpeg.f21a2fc3674262f6dd4a43e84492f890.jpeg

19 hours ago, KingShulgi said:

some pics of my board and settings

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iEzaFfu6n2dcFvgp8

any help will be appreciated, been struggling with this for quite some time now.

Tnx!

UnleashX installed is an old version 0.37.1207A. However, the screensaver text states UnleashX 0.39, not that this discrepancy will affect the running of these Sega games.

I suggest upgrading UnleashX.  

SOLVED!

Finally success in loading those 3 games. Had to build iso from directories, burn and than use dvd2xbox and everything works great.

Every other game ftp's easily as is exept these three, if anybody knows why i would like to know too LoL

But for now i am satisfied as i found a working fix ))

Appreciate all the help guys it is extraordinary

Glad to hear you`re finaly able to play these games. :)

Maybe you can make a backup of your games, which you have mad with dvd2xbox, and delete them from you hdd. After that try ftp them again and see what happens. Would be interesting to know if they would work then or if you end up with the same error again.

How ever, thanks for reporting back that the "create a DVD option" has worked for you. :)

Greets

23 hours ago, KingShulgi said:

SOLVED!

Finally success in loading those 3 games. Had to build iso from directories, burn and than use dvd2xbox and everything works great.

Every other game ftp's easily as is exept these three, if anybody knows why i would like to know too LoL

Make sure all FTP transfers are binary. "Automatic" can lead to quite unexpected results, especially when using a Windows FTP client.