OGXbox.com

[Solved] X3 Will Not Bypass Chip and Boot To Ms Dash

AlaskaCC

X3 install  with the push button panel on the front. It will not boot to MS Dash if I push and hold the power button. It quickly flashes red then switches to blue and boots to UnleashX. If I load the X3 menu (hold white button on startup) and select "Reboot With X3 Mod Disabled" it works perfectly - boots to MS Dash. I can also reach the MS Dash by selecting it from the UnleashX menu. Why won't the power button bypass function correctly?

3294 BIOS.

I put the chip on a new board (1.0), in the same case, and the same thing happens. It will not boot to the MS Dash by holding down the power button. Is it possible the power switch is a bit funky. There are some LED mods in there and I'm wondering if that is impacting in some way.

I also flashed a fresh copy of 3294 and it didn't seem to make any difference. I can force it to boot the MS Dash by changing the order in the X3 menu but that is not a solution.

2 hours ago, AlaskaCC said:

There are some LED mods in there and I'm wondering if that is impacting in some way.

It is possible.

Any time I am fault finding anything (Cars,Bikes,Radios, etc etc) the 1st thing I do temporary undo any mods so I am working with the item that is the same as it left the factory.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, AlaskaCC said:

3294 BIOS.

I put the chip on a new board (1.0), in the same case, and the same thing happens. It will not boot to the MS Dash by holding down the power button. Is it possible the power switch is a bit funky. There are some LED mods in there and I'm wondering if that is impacting in some way.

I also flashed a fresh copy of 3294 and it didn't seem to make any difference. I can force it to boot the MS Dash by changing the order in the X3 menu but that is not a solution.

When in X3 Config Live's menu, use the option Reset X3 Configuration to Defaults, power off the console and try powering on again with the modchip disabled by holding the power button for longer than half a second. 

Did using that option clear up the problem?

The Pro Switch package comes with a power switch bypass board, as seen in the attached image. This console did not have that important piece installed. I opened one of my other X3's and was doing some comparison. I pulled the little board and tried it in the other console to prove-out the problem/fix. That resolved it. 

Thanks for the suggestions and help. I sincerely appreciate it.

X3 Pro Switch Package.jpg

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [Solved] X3 Will Not Bypass Chip and Boot To Ms Dash