OGXbox.com

XBox 360 Rf Boards

Maladin

21 minutes ago, Maladin said:

Just picked up 3 defective Xbox 360s for $5. Hoping the RF boards will be good to connect 360 controllers to the og :)

I would say probably not as the OGX360 needs to see a standard USB wireless receiver and I doubt the  Xbox 360 wireless board is a USB connection it will be a dedicated data connection for the 360.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

35 minutes ago, Maladin said:

A crap Xbox 360 is an easy thing to find

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I see them at the rubbish tip shop on regularly I might have to grab some next time.

I wonder if the Xbox one RF board could be use the same way.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yeah if you can get them for next to nothing it would be a good Idea to harvest them. Even if you want to use the controllers for robotics or something. Also Arduinos are cheap.  

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Edited by GoTeamScotch
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

I wired up a USB cord to the rf board I got from a broken Xbox a while back. I have no idea where I put it (or if I even have it anymore) to test with my ogx360. I do have another rf board I could test with though. Hmm

Yy8mPTzl.jpg

Side note- I remember it being a pain to sync controllers because the only way to do it was to plug the rf board back into an Xbox 360, then press the sync button on the 360. Once sync'd, the board could be moved. I think that's why I ended up tossing it. It's annoying needing to keep a half-assembled Xbox 360 around just to sync controllers to an rf board.

Yeah but hopefully the Arduino will fix that :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just for info, the xbox360 front panel/wireless board is a modified usb port, as is the memory card slots on the front of the fat, in the case of the card slots it is basically a usb port but with a modfied socket and a 3.3v line added, on the slim these ports were remapped to accommodate the internal 4gb mem card.

this was all discussed and confirmed on xboxscene years ago, i cringe when i think of all the lost information from there.

• Like 1