OGXbox.com

Pal Games Not Displaying After Rocky5 Softmod

Jaggsy1986

I've done the softmod with rocky5 and changed to NTSC in nk patcher and everythings good with componant cable picture wise in dashboard. I've tried launching tiger woods 2004 pal game via disc and just get blank screen ? is there a specific setup in the video options to get pal games to work once you change to NTSC ?

You might need to find a new copy of the game, or have a look around for a HDD ready copy

Maybe it's the method of changing  the Pal/NTSC settings, I tested a Pal and NTSC of the same game from a disk and both worked in color on my Xbox that set to NTSC.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Cheers for the reply. I'm probably missing something but for tiger woods to work, I have to have region set to pal in nk patcher not NTSC which is what I thought it was meant to be set at from what I have read off the internet. Also in the unleashx video settings if I try and change anything to NTSC i says I must to a restart and then after reboot its back to pal again. These are my current settings with nk patcher set to pal

16010317014014713176999910850878.jpg

I think because it's softmodded. You need to edit the EEProm to set NTSC with 480,720.

Changing the setting in unleashx is not changing the EEProm setting and when you reboot it unleashx reads the EEprom and sees the what video mode is set  and changes back to it

Also don't use 1080i as it sucks all the memory and leaves stuff all for the programs to run.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That's the way to do it to swap it to NTSC: use Engimah.

That particular PAL game maybe region locked and from the description I think that is the most likely explanation.

Most PAL versions work fine on a NTSC console but there are exceptions. Test it with other PAL games and if they all have the same problem either you've been very unlucky in your choices or there is something else going on..

Edited by HDShadow

38 minutes ago, Jaggsy1986 said:

Thanks guys. I've tried other games and they work. Looks like tiger woods 04 is region locked. I knew it would be something or nothing. Again thanks for the replies

It is possible I have some both NTSC and Pal disks that would not load and display a message indicating a region error now load without a problem on a modded system

Maybe it's time to Hardmod it.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I've had issues with regions and the HD AV pack.  I still use EvoX as my dash though.   Once I disabled 1080 and 720 (via MS Dash) the game I played displayed fine.   Enigma's switcher always works like Corona advised - but all my softmodded boxes were able to switch the region under EvoX.   I'm probably the last person to use it these days.