OGXbox.com

XBox Slim

Maladin

1 hour ago, Maladin said:

Any of you consider it? I have a few Xboxes to play with and I'm really thinking of making one.

Yes I have started and got as far as cutting the case, But paying jobs have taken over this for now.

1723722129_My1stslim(2).jpg.db5019405125df4c71aa24eb2bea280c.jpg

I was thinking of making some mainly because of a shortage of good working DVD drives.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I just tried making one for the first time recently. It's not too hard so long as you have the right tools (a dremel + eye protection + mask) and a space to to the cutting & grinding since it produces a lot of plastic dust in the air. I messed up and made the DVD caddy too short my first time, but luckily I have spares.

If you're curious, I'd say give it a try. I wouldn't recommend doing it to your primary Xbox though. My first attempt had some rough edges.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes I have started and got as far as cutting the case, But paying jobs have taken over this for now.

1723722129_My1stslim(2).jpg.db5019405125df4c71aa24eb2bea280c.jpg

I was thinking of making some mainly because of a shortage of good working DVD drives.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I am wondering what the end result will look like. Keep us posted!

I'm on my second slim right now. The pic shows it after i cut the case. I'm now cleaning the front panel (removing the "MIcrosoft" logo and the "1,2,3,4" Logos above the ports). I think i will get that done today incl. the final paint job. I hope to get the xbox done by end of the next week.

Also you can see my first one here if you like (but the second one will be so much better): https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3815-just-another-slim/

IMG_20200910_183421.jpg

IMG_20200911_172630.jpg

IMG_20200912_165718.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maladin said:

Very nice. I'm looking into the 360 controller mod too. Wondering if I should replace the usb ports with generic ones. Xbox controllers are getting hard to get and the knockoffs are crap.

Yea, the OGX360 is pretty tempting. I may do that but not on this slim build. I have 5 Dukes here which i have refurbished (got them pretty cheap but now they look alsmost new and all work flawlessly). How ever, I personaly prefere the S ones so, i guess, i will sell them soner or later (Maybe keep one for my self just to have one of those).