OGXbox.com

2 Tb Hd Issues

Maladin

41 minutes ago, Maladin said:

I have a 2 TB HD with 300gb on F and 1700gb on G. After filling up to 1000gb on G file transfer has become slow and problematic. Also I think its overwriting existing files. Any info on this issue?

Yes you have hit the nail on the head

You need to use Xbpartitioner 1.3 and set F and G to 927.78gb each. The default will be 927.78gb but I have found by reducing it by 1gb each it becomes reliable.

XBpartitioner-1.3.7z incase you don't have it.

And make sure that you have a BIOS that supports F and G drives

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Yes, basically everything you have on both F and G must be considered corrupted. You might get away with copying/FTPing whats on F but on G I wouldn't trust anything as being uncorrupted.

As I suspect SS_Dave has just posted your F and G drives have been incorrectly set up. With a 2TB HDD they must be split evenly between F and G and both <1GiB. Both must be correctly formatted to use 64K clusters too.

XBPartitioner v1.3 will do this for you but in reformatting of course everything currently on F and G will be erased.  

Are you sure you have not mixed up Xplorer360 with FATXplorer?

Xplorer360 can be made to see FATX formatted HDDs but its unreliable and seems to need the use of Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and multiple hot-swap attempts before it does. With FATXplorer there should be no or at least less problems; that's pretty much its raison d'etre.

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/download/

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3276-xplorer360-make-it-see-a-fatx-hdd/

Edited by HDShadow

No it needs to be unlocked

How are you connecting it to your PC I have used a internal Sata connection and a external USB hard drive dock and both worked., I did have a problem with the Dell desktop at 1st because the unused Sata port I was trying to use was not enabled in the PC BIOS setup.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.