OGXbox.com

First XBox

Gerdo

Just wanted to thank everyone who maintain and contribute to this site.

Purchase a new to me Original Xbox (Version 1.2).  Installed Aladdin XT Plus2 and upgraded to a 240GB SDD drive I had in my stash.  Installed Hexen 2020 and now transferring the games I have from DVD to F drive.

Everything working great so far.

41 minutes ago, Gerdo said:

Just wanted to thank everyone who maintain and contribute to this site.

Purchase a new to me Original Xbox (Version 1.2).  Installed Aladdin XT Plus2 and upgraded to a 240GB SDD drive I had in my stash.  Installed Hexen 2020 and now transferring the games I have from DVD to F drive.

Everything working great so far.

Hello Gerdo

Welcome to ogxbox.com

So by the sound of that everything went smoothly.

If you were able to install a aladdin modchip you should have no problems reflashing the TSOP and the keep the chip for your next Xbox.

What Dash are you using?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yes, I completed the update and downloaded the artwork as well, however the artwork did not automatically update my games. 

I found a thread that said to manually transfer the _resource files to the game folder.  This solved the artwork problem.

Note: all my games are on F drive.  I do not have a G drive.

I still need to understand why the artwork did not update automatically after the download.  Possibly I downloaded the artwork to the wrong folder.  Some threads appeared to contradict the install folder location compared to other threads.  Still figuring things out and trying to make stepwise changes instead of throwing a bunch of changes at the xbox and hope for the best.

I have a version 1.0 and a version 1.6 sitting on a shelf.  Both have hardware problems.  Not sure if I should fix one of those for a test bed or keep working the 1.2.