OGXbox.com

Another Newbie

mothchip

Hey everyone! Picked up an OG Xbox recently, and while researching what all can be done with it, discovered this site. I've softmodded it already (Rocky5), and this weekend should be hotswapping in a larger hard drive (and snipping out the clock capacitor).

Really cool to see this community is still active! I have a bunch of other modded consoles and handhelds, and I've learned a ton from their related communities. Looking forward to more of that here. See you in the threads! :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mothchip said:

Hey everyone! Picked up an OG Xbox recently, and while researching what all can be done with it, discovered this site. I've softmodded it already (Rocky5), and this weekend should be hotswapping in a larger hard drive (and snipping out the clock capacitor).

Really cool to see this community is still active! I have a bunch of other modded consoles and handhelds, and I've learned a ton from their related communities. Looking forward to more of that here. See you in the threads! :D

Welcome aboard ! =D

make sure your Xbox is not a 1.6 revision before snipping out the clock cap otherwise it wont boot anymore 

Edited by NRK

1 hour ago, NRK said:

Welcome aboard ! =D

make sure your Xbox is not a 1.6 revision before snipping out the clock cap otherwise it wont boot anymore 

Oh yeah, I checked on that! Going by this wiki page I seem to have a 1.1 console. I also have a Thompson drive, for what it's worth.

27 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Hello mothchip

Welcome to ogxbox.com

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you!