OGXbox.com

Just Got a XBox From Goodwill

hotwhelz

Got my 1.0 yesterady with the same foult. As soon as you plug the power cord in the box turend on and the dvd drive open and closed. It was the clock cap which has leaked. You can see in the pic which I have atteched how far it has spread on mine. But luckly no damaged traces or parts. After i have cleaned up the mess, the box works perfect. So make sure you clean everything up nicely. Fingers crossed and good luck on yours

IMG_20200917_175632.jpg

4 hours ago, hotwhelz said:

just got one from goodwill it powers on as soon as its plugged it. i opened up and removed clock cap but still same thing. guess i gotta look for some bad traces now. wish me luck. trying to get my 6 and 8yr kids interested in it. 

The traces on the bottom of the board will have damage from the leaking clock cap

This guide should help

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Found trace A to be open just waiting for some wire to come to try to jumper around the bad spot.  Traces B-E were all good. Side note got a Xbox 360 today for $12 at goodwill daughter just wants to play Minecraft thought about rgh hacking it but previous owner left 20 games on HDD and one is Minecraft so ill just let her play for now. lol