OGXbox.com

Problem After Flashing Custom Evox Bios

prtscn

54 minutes ago, prtscn said:

i flash custom evox bios, after that it just not boot, and switches to stock bios.

i use raincoat to flash.

board is 1.6 and i use evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin from aid 4.5.3

i have no idea what i do wrong.

i then reflash it with hexen 2017 and it work OK.

30 minutes ago, prtscn said:

xbox don't even turn on. It's not path problem.

Stupid question: I don't want to sound rude but, when we don't see your config for your bios or raincoat or even get full infos, how can we see whats wrong? And you didn't wrote that your box didn't turn on in the first place. You wrote it's booting to the MS Dash.

Being a custom BIOS the EVTool could have changed the boot priority or, as most BIOS do, booted C:\xboxdash.xbe when it didn't find the AID/SID installed expected main dash/location and name: C:\evoxdash.xbe.

EvoxM8+ default boot priority:-

C:\evoxdash.xbe

C:\avadash.xbe

C:\nexgen.xbe

C:\xboxdash.xbe

Seems highly likely to me that if the AID EvoxM8+ BIOS installed maintains that default priority if C:\evoxdash.xbe wasn't present you wouldn't have either of the next two. So the Xbox would boot C:\xboxdash.xbe which, on a chipped dashboard installation, is still the original MS dash.

That fits what was originally said is happening.

Just Checked and this is was the same BIOS from my AID V4.53 reports using the EVTool:-

screenshot.4.png.98e82c601cdd097e17dd6c036f6bca5b.png

This is the equivalent from HeXEn 2017: the boot priority change is the very obvious dfference:-

screenshot.5.png.b2de9950f20c9cff0a880ec6c97f750f.png

As a side issue: odd that the DVD drive check is ticked in both cases. That presumably means the check is enabled. Yes?

Edited by HDShadow

26 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Being a custom BIOS the EVTool could have changed the boot priority or, as most BIOS do, booted C:\xboxdash.xbe when it didn't find the AID/SID installed expected main dash/location and name: C:\evoxdash.xbe.

EvoxM8+ default boot priority:-

C:\evoxdash.xbe

C:\avadash.xbe

C:\nexgen.xbe

C:\xboxdash.xbe

Seems highly likely to me that if the AID EvoxM8+ BIOS installed maintains that default priority if C:\evoxdash.xbe wasn't present you wouldn't have either of the next two. So the Xbox would boot C:\xboxdash.xbe which, on a chipped dashboard installation, is still the original MS dash.

That fits what was originally said is happening.

Just Checked and this is was the same BIOS from my AID V4.53 reports using the EVTool:-

screenshot.4.png.98e82c601cdd097e17dd6c036f6bca5b.png

This is the equivalent from HeXEn 2017: the boot priority change is the very obvious dfference:-

screenshot.5.png.b2de9950f20c9cff0a880ec6c97f750f.png

As a side issue: odd that the DVD drive check is ticked in both cases. That presumably means the check is enabled. Yes?

problem is i don't get to see bios boot screen, xbox just restarts few times and then loads stock bios chip.

boot partition executables are not important, because xbox don't even starts.

8 hours ago, prtscn said:

i flash custom evox bios, after that it just not boot, and switches to stock bios.

i use raincoat to flash.

All I can think is the the 1st file has became corrupt.

What mod chip have the version 1.6 got?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I still can't work out what is actually happening.

prtscn said that when it was reflashed with HeXen 2017 it works OK. Does that just mean the reflashing seemed to go OK?

Is the chip still just booting to the MS dash as seems to be what is being said now? 

If so and there's no EvoX logo then surely the chip is either not working properly or the BIOS is corrupted as SS_Dave suggested.

Is the HDD locked? If it is then with a malfunctioning chip it would boot to the MS dash. 

12 hours ago, prtscn said:

i use raincoat to flash.

What chip do you have installed?

Why did you use raincoat to flash your modchip? Typically that is only used for WInbond TSOPs. 

45 minutes ago, OGXbox Admin said:

What chip do you have installed?

Why did you use raincoat to flash your modchip? Typically that is only used for WInbond TSOPs. 

yes, i used raincoat, because easy to upload bios, i also used xblast and same thing happened. It's alladin chip, not sure what version,  since it's hardsoldered to the board. White color chip, seems og legit.

I reflash by hotswap method, since it not booting at all - frags.

3 hours ago, prtscn said:

yes, i used raincoat, because easy to upload bios, i also used xblast and same thing happened. It's alladin chip, not sure what version,  since it's hardsoldered to the board. White color chip, seems og legit.

I reflash by hotswap method, since it not booting at all - frags.

Which modchip is installed?

13 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which modchip is installed?

aladdin, white color board. It's hardsoldered so i cant flip it.

I extracted hexen and edited hexen bios with custom boot logo, then i created hexen disk with my bios inside. if this fails, i don't know anything better.

xenochip_white.jpg

Does it look something like this one?  

Can you post a picture of your modchip and LPC rebuild PCB?  Does it have a rebuild PCB installed?

From the Wayback Machine capture of xenochip.com:

Merry X'Mas with Xenochip XT White Version

The greatest season of the year are coming. We prepare the special things for celebrate. Special version of Xenochip XT are coming with the white PCB.

Xenochip XT White PCB available in Lite and Pro Version for this special event only.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

xenochip_white.jpg

Does it look something like this one?  

Can you post a picture of your modchip and LPC rebuild PCB?  Does it have a rebuild PCB installed?

From the Wayback Machine capture of xenochip.com:

Merry X'Mas with Xenochip XT White Version

The greatest season of the year are coming. We prepare the special things for celebrate. Special version of Xenochip XT are coming with the white PCB.

Xenochip XT White PCB available in Lite and Pro Version for this special event only.

this one, can someone recommend me a bios flash tool. because my bios won't show on hexen evox bios tool, i guess i need to add config entry about my new bios.

chip works ok, it can be flashed with hexen disc. But i want to have custom bios logo. + i want fast IGR.

Edited by prtscn

Use Evolution-X dashboard, evoxdash (aka Remotex) don't use a hexen disc simply run it from the hard drive.  

EvolutionX dashboard +3935 download link:
https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/apps/dashboards/evolution-x/_official/EvolutionX Build 3935.rar

Upload the extracted content to e:\apps\evoxdash\ or f:\apps\evoxdash\.  Rename the file evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe.  

If not already present, create a bios subfolder and upload your custom bios's dot bin file into it.  Power cycle the console to rebuild the applications menu of the default replacement dashboard.

Run RemoteX from the Applications menu. (RemoteX is the XBE Title in evolutionx's default.xbe file header).

Use the D-pad to highlight the menu options below then press A to select / enter each submenu function: 

• System Utils
    • Flash BIOS
      • Select the BIOS file you wish to flash from the list of available files
        • Finally, press Y to verify that you are ready to flash this BIOS file to the modchip.

Press B to go back a level in the menu.

• Like 1