Sign in to follow this  
micielk

Cpu Upgrade + 128mb

Hello there

I'm interested in modding xbox CPU to 1,4Ghz and also upgrade ram to 128mb. I'd like to ask about cost of that upgrade. I cant do it myself :(

There is only one here who does CPU upgrades and that's Please login or register to see this link. And as far as i'm aware he just do 1GHz upgreades now days but i guess it's best you ask him about that.

I have read a topic where he mentioned a price about 210,- €uros which include the mainboard itself without postage but, that topc is over a year old. So just click on the link above which brings you to his topic here and ask him or drop him there or if you prefer drop him a pm.

Kind regards. :)

24 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

There is only one here who does CPU upgrades and that's Please login or register to see this link. And as far as i'm aware he just do 1GHz upgreades now days but i guess it's best you ask him about that.

I have read a topic where he mentioned a price about 210,- €uros which include the mainboard itself without postage but, that topc is over a year old. So just click on the link above which brings you to his topic here and ask him or drop him there or if you prefer drop him a pm.

Kind regards. :)

Thank You very much

On 9/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, prtscn said:

cpu upgrade not worth it.

It's not useful for everyone, but I enjoyed owning a 1ghz Xbox. It's not so much for Xbox games as it is for homebrew apps, dashboards, and emulators. If you use that kind of stuff often, it can be a cool thing to own.

I liked it so much I plan on getting a 1.4ghz from N64freak soon.

As a person with 128MB, the extra ram helps a ton with Emulation and overall performance.

The 1ghz mod however doesnt seem worth it really. 1.4ghz would be, as that is much higher than normally possible. You could get to about 800+Mhz with overclocking, which is close to 1ghz.