OGXbox.com

XBox Stand By Led

sweetdarkdestiny

I think nothing because it's not my schematic. I found that but can't remeber where. Otherwise is would search in that topic for a more non electrician explanation how to wire that up. But because i can't remember from where i found that schematic and a google search dosn't delivered anything about standby LED on classic xboxes, i decidet to open a topic because it's maybe interesting for others too.

Forget about any scematic and built it on your own. Its VERY simple. Just take a + from a wire of the PSU that ALWAYS gives power(wich one depends on the PSU)connect it to a resistor for the LED,after the resistor go to one NC connection of a relay,then the other end of the NC relay goes to the anode of the LED and finally the cathode of the LED to ground. After that Connect the coil pins of the relay to the PSU but on wires that give power when the xbox is ON. That way,when you open up the xbox,the relay will power ON and open the circuit for the LED,switching it off. When you power off the xbox,the relay will power off and close the circuit,giving power to the LED

Wish you luck and a good day/night

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I remember reading somewhere people were using the red eject led at 1/2 brightness as a standby light on the Xbox

It's a nice idea but i will light up a cleared jewel with one or maybe two red LED's (depends on how it looks) when the xbox is off. But if you have some more infomations about that i may would use that on my crstal xbox. :)

11 hours ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Forget about any scematic and built it on your own. Its VERY simple. Just take a + from a wire of the PSU that ALWAYS gives power(wich one depends on the PSU)connect it to a resistor for the LED,after the resistor go to one NC connection of a relay,then the other end of the NC relay goes to the anode of the LED and finally the cathode of the LED to ground. After that Connect the coil pins of the relay to the PSU but on wires that give power when the xbox is ON. That way,when you open up the xbox,the relay will power ON and open the circuit for the LED,switching it off. When you power off the xbox,the relay will power off and close the circuit,giving power to the LED

Wish you luck and a good day/night

Ok, thats a language me as a hi skilled non professional electrician understand. ;)

Like Dave already worte on the 1.6, which i use here, all of the yellow wires are always 5v. Which seams to make things easyer. I have use conrad (german electric store) for research about a relay and, if i guess right, this one would do the job. It's a "Omron G5V-1 5DC Printrelais 5 V/DC 1 A 1" (There is also a version with pcb : https://www.conrad.de/de/p/tru-components-relaisplatine-bestueckt-1-st-rel-pcb4-1-1-wechsler-5-v-dc-1570052.html which maybe is a little overkill). SO i will get one of these and try my luck. :)

Thanks for your help SakisTheDrifter.

XboxPSPinouts.jpg~original.jpg

A relay get with the times it's 2020 not 1920 I would you a PNP transistor over a relay.

Something like this should do the job and for 2 LEDS a BC327 is rated at 800ma or a BD138 is rated to 1000ma(1 amp)

Link the base to the 5 volt switched on the HDD connector via a 1k resistor

635971622a30856060ba6ac4ee323c9e.png.5cf6479e6522800ad38050a8869f94de.png

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

A relay get with the times it's 2020 not 1920 I would you a PNP transistor over a relay.

Thanks for disencouraging me from trying to help here. All i wanted to do is give the simplest solution without complicated circuits. Also i dont think that your circuit lights the led's ON when the xbox is OFF and vice versa doesnt it?

I am not trying to discourage you.

In the diagram I posted substitute the Load for a LED and current limit resistor and if there is no power on the base then the LED is on and when put power to the Base the LED is off.

I don't think it's complicated and in the simplest form it could be 2 parts plus you LED and current limit resistor

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.