OGXbox.com

Aliddan Xt Chip Install

mattison1986

It would help if you posted some pics of the board and pin header install solder work. 

If it appears to not booting from the modchip I would double check your soldering and the D0 location, Where is the D0 connected to (mod chip or ground)?

My preference is the alternative D0 point and just link to ground

1420258271_Btpoints.PNG.07730d9790beb1a79550690c51242720.PNG

With a  Aladdin modchip I link ther BT to pin 2(Ground) as this forces the chi to be always active .

47846571_aladdinbtlink.jpg.c12d16db2b5a670a9eded6b59e5a0f35.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Did you connect the BT pad to the power signal resistor as most instructions show or connect BT to ground on the modchip for always on mode?

If BT to the power signal, you have to hold the power button for > 1 second for the modchip to be enabled.  A short tap of the power button to turn on the console will boot the Xbox with the modchip disabled.

For always on mode, connect a wire between the two endpoint locations shown below:

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

43 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

It would help if you posted some pics of the board and pin header install solder work. 

If it appears to not booting from the modchip I would double check your soldering and the D0 location, Where is the D0 connected to (mod chip or ground)?

My preference is the alternative D0 point and just link to ground

1420258271_Btpoints.PNG.07730d9790beb1a79550690c51242720.PNG

With a  Aladdin modchip I link ther BT to pin 2(Ground) as this forces the chi to be always active .

47846571_aladdinbtlink.jpg.c12d16db2b5a670a9eded6b59e5a0f35.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Do I go from the DO on the chip to the ground on the motherboard? Or is there another DO?

Edited by mattison1986

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Did you connect the BT pad to the power signal resistor as most instructions show or connect BT to ground on the modchip for always on mode?

If BT to the power signal, you have to hold the power button for > 1 second for the modchip to be enabled.  A short tap of the power button to turn on the console will boot the Xbox with the modchip disabled.

For always on mode, connect a wire between the two endpoint locations shown below:

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

Yes the BT is connected just like the picture.

11 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

Do I go from the DO on the chip to the ground on the motherboard? Or is there another DO?

You link the D0 from the main board to ground on the mainboard.

If you have also lined the BT to pin2 then there will be no wire from the mod chip to the board.

Check you have the chip aligned correctly on the pin header and that is oriented correctly.

3 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

I feel like my issue is with the DO wire can someone please explain this?

The job of the D0 is to tell the Xbox to load from the LPC port, If you use the pic I posted you should be good to go.

4 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

Also ill post some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

That will help as the problem could be as simple as a bad solder joint or a solder bridge between to pins.

Also have a good look over the entire board for a solder splash (solder that's fallen off your iron on)

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok I would suggest you try cleaning the board where you worked with Isopoyonal and a toothbrush or you can use methylated spirits. 

It's probably just flux but it looks a bit suspect

20200912_211001.jpg.340df51b35a2b2b3c81b5313a2faf489.thumb.jpg.a5abc765809404236588ee28f97cd6a2.jpg

On the 1.2 -1.4 board you have the D0 is in this pic and just link the yellow arrows. 

IMG_20200913_124419.thumb.jpg.e9a2ae2deadf3556d3f00dc1f0991615.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

21 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

Awesome got it thank you guys very much!!! I've encounter a new issue though, after a few minutes the xbox is shutting down on it's own.

Trace rot - power signal trace damaged that leads from the front panel connector to the System Management Controller.  Phantom power on / off can occur.  The 4 thin traces are on the front edge on the bottom side of the motherboard.

127697874_tracedamagesection7frontedgeofXboxmotherboard(solderside).thumb.jpg.d8638caa63383e957faa1afa1d47d6a0.jpg

Power/Eject Troubleshooting

See: http://web.archive.org/web/20180621233929/http://diy.sickmods.net/Tutorials/Xbox1/Power-Eject_Pinouts/

10 hours ago, mattison1986 said:

Any suggestions how too solder to that tiny point?

The screw hole surround D0 grounding end was actually the one I had more problems with not because it was much trouble soldering but because there's clearly very little separation between the bottom of the MB and the shielding.

Once I'd put everything back together then found there was a problem and had to dismantle it all again one of the first things I noticed was that the, not big but not neat, soldering I'd done that end was now squished flat.

In that case it doesn't matter, at least I do not think it does, but it made me worry about the same thing may have occurred on LPC pin header. So I placed a double layer of insulating tape under it as a precaution.   

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Trace rot - power signal trace damaged that leads from the front panel connector to the System Management Controller.  Phantom power on / off can occur.  The 4 thin traces are on the front edge on the bottom side of the motherboard.

127697874_tracedamagesection7frontedgeofXboxmotherboard(solderside).thumb.jpg.d8638caa63383e957faa1afa1d47d6a0.jpg

Power/Eject Troubleshooting

See: http://web.archive.org/web/20180621233929/http://diy.sickmods.net/Tutorials/Xbox1/Power-Eject_Pinouts/

I replaced the front panel board for one I knew worked and same results. I also looked at the motherboard and the traces look good. Over all this is one of the cleanest I've picked up inside and out. Anyone know what the shut down might be about? It does power on soon as the console is plugged in without pressing the power button and after a few minutes it shuts down. Please help.

47 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

I replaced the front panel board for one I knew worked and same results. I also looked at the motherboard and the traces look good. Over all this is one of the cleanest I've picked up inside and out. Anyone know what the shut down might be about? It does power on soon as the console is plugged in without pressing the power button and after a few minutes it shuts down. Please help.

Check the temps, the Xbox will turn off at about 72c.

9 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

That would make sense because if I turn it right back on the time gets shorter before it shuts off again. It seem to get a bit warm in there too. I've tried putting a desk fan on it no change though. Would it be from the thermal paste under the heat sinks? One of then seems lose.

Try running the fan at 100% and see if that delays the cutout time. If that seems to be the issue then yes try changing the thermal paste. If the heatsink is moving about then it will not be transferring the heat that well.

8 hours ago, mattison1986 said:

That really sounds like trace damage especially since you say it powers on by itself.

Cheers

SS Dave

8 minutes ago, mattison1986 said:

Is there anything I can do about that?

It would help if you can take a high quality picture of the board and the location in red are the main trouble spot and include a photo of the top side as well.

IMG_20200914_115644.thumb.jpg.9d57d3850820419256e74596d78c286c.jpg

If you upload to a free picture share site something like https://imgur.com/ and post the link here.

Then we can have a look and see if there is anything that could be wrong.

Cheers

SS Dave

Cheers

SS Dave