OGXbox.com

Atx2XBox Needed

xgekox

I don't know that anyone has any for sell.  You can get blank printed circuit boards (PCBs) from dirtypcbs.com for v1.0/1.1 and v1.2-1.4 motherboard revisions that you build yourself.  The list of discrete components required is silk-screened on the back of the PCB.

Xbox ATX Adapter for Revision 1.0 and 1.1

Xbox ATX Adapter for Revision 1.2 up to 1.5

I'm not exactly sure if all the default options shown on the Full PCB specs and info page once you add the PCB to your cart are correct. Some of them may need to be adjusted. 

Probably not exactly what you were looking for but it is an option if you know how to solder.  I believe when you purchase one of these PCBs designs you will receive multiple copies of it.  So, if you construct all of them, you'd have spares available to list for anyone else that is looking for a fully assembled ATX-to-Xbox power supply adapter or simply sell them the unpopulated PCB.

I found it easier to mod a PC power supply with a 3.3 volt regulator for the standby power from the PC's normal 5 volt standby power and a NPN transistor to invert the power on signal from the Xbox all inside the PSU case.

The 20 pin plug has been repined to suit a Xbox and all the unused leads have been removed

IMG_20200327_091613.thumb.jpg.3f29fa8818a2209ad37c50acec510549.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xgekox said:

Good job!  the transistor npn of what values should I take it?  What pin did you connect it to?  And the regulator?  Thank you

This is a short description of the one I made and use.

The regulator I used was a AMS117-3.3 reg that's a 5 volt to 3.3 volt 800ma reducer but there is others out there that will work just as well

This will reduce the 5 volt standby(+5VSB Purple wire) from the ATX power supply to 3.3 volt for the Xbox.

The transistor I used was a BC337 (It was one I had on hand at the time)but you could use any NPN transistor (2n2222), The Collector was connected to the power on wire from the ATX psu, The emitter is connected to ground and the Base is connected to the Power On from the Xbox via a 1k ohm resistor to tell the ATX psu to turn on/off.

I put the inverting transistor (BC337)and the 3.3 volt regulator (AMS117-3.3) in side the ATX psu case and I de-pined the ATX 20 pin plug and reconfigured it to suit the Xbox. and I also remover any wires that were not needed so I was left with the 20 pin plug and 1 X 4 pin HDD power plug.

To get the pins out of the 20 pin plug a set to repin tools like this make the job easy s-l640.jpg.9de76b8aa078ddde2fd1e6fa75f22781.jpg look on Ebay,Aliexpress,Wish,Amazon, etc etc

You don't need to use the Powok(Xbox) or the PWR_OK(ATX psu).

The PowON(Xbox) equals  the PS_ON#(ATX psu).

The -5VDC from the ATX psu is not used.

And the thin brown that's connected to one of the orange wires need to stay as it is.

All the pic's are looking at the wire side of the plug with the clip on the right.

366566434_XboxtoATXpinouts.thumb.jpg.6a6a42f63aa8bb56ede672d45cc664a3.jpg

Here is a pic of the one I use.

IMG_20200914_095441.thumb.jpg.7cfd4853db32930d78905b117bde6b7d.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

To get the pins out of the 20 pin plug a set to repin tools like this make the job easy s-l640.jpg.9de76b8aa078ddde2fd1e6fa75f22781.jpg look on Ebay,Aliexpress,Wish,Amazon, etc etc

You can made much cheaper and in my opinion easyer without spending more than 20 cents. If you need those for just one time it's perfect and i prefere the needle over the 30 bucks Lamptron tools which i also own.

Just get some big long needles from a drugstore/pharmacy and flaten both of them them with pliers and cut one down a bit (not that much you see in my pic) and voila. You may need the pliers here and there to push them in a bit but they will do the job just fine and kost next to nothing. I have made a lot of sleeving with them and like i wrote i prefere them over the Lamptron which i bearly use at all. So you can save, how much(?) 5 to 10 bucks for a one time use.

Maybe others find that "hack" useful as well...

Kind regards. :)

pic (1).jpg

pic (2).jpg

• 6 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, SS_Dave said:

This is a short description of the one I made and use.

The regulator I used was a AMS117-3.3 reg that's a 5 volt to 3.3 volt 800ma reducer but there is others out there that will work just as well

This will reduce the 5 volt standby(+5VSB Purple wire) from the ATX power supply to 3.3 volt for the Xbox.

The transistor I used was a BC337 (It was one I had on hand at the time)but you could use any NPN transistor (2n2222), The Collector was connected to the power on wire from the ATX psu, The emitter is connected to ground and the Base is connected to the Power On from the Xbox via a 1k ohm resistor to tell the ATX psu to turn on/off.

I put the inverting transistor (BC337)and the 3.3 volt regulator (AMS117-3.3) in side the ATX psu case and I de-pined the ATX 20 pin plug and reconfigured it to suit the Xbox. and I also remover any wires that were not needed so I was left with the 20 pin plug and 1 X 4 pin HDD power plug.

You don't need to use the Powok(Xbox) or the PWR_OK(ATX psu).

The PowON(Xbox) equals  the PS_ON#(ATX psu).

The -5VDC from the ATX psu is not used.

And the thin brown that's connected to one of the orange wires need to stay as it is.

All the pic's are looking at the wire side of the plug with the clip on the right.

366566434_XboxtoATXpinouts.thumb.jpg.6a6a42f63aa8bb56ede672d45cc664a3.jpg

Here is a pic of the one I use.

IMG_20200914_095441.thumb.jpg.7cfd4853db32930d78905b117bde6b7d.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

With this mod, are you guys transferring the Xbox components out to a computer/custom casing? Otherwise how fit the atx power supply in xbox case. I probably have some atx power supply I can butcher.

5 hours ago, teamxbox said:

With this mod, are you guys transferring the Xbox components out to a computer/custom casing? Otherwise how fit the atx power supply in xbox case. I probably have some atx power supply I can butcher.

The supply I made is just to test the main board while repairing and upgrading the ram.

Cheers

SS Dave